THE QUICK TRIP REPORT THREAD... (post away)

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Managed to knock up a feed today with moggy &hsv Hsv hooked a gar which then got swallowed by a bronzie which then in a calamity of errors was lost boat side due to a recently purchased ego 2 slid

Drove past the water yesterday whilst at work and thought golly, looks good so as soon as i got home hooked the boat up, sorted the rods and the missus and away we went. Launched and went maybe 1km fr

had a great weekend throwing lures at mullys saturday morning i got this fella at the onkAnd heres one of the many on plastics today down the coorong

Posted Images

My parents are visiting at the moment and were keen for some seafood. I don't like fishing during holidays and the last few days reminded me why.Sunday hit up Goolwa. Carpark was full to overflowing with cars lined up on both sides of the road a good 50m away. Got 400 cockles between 3 people but took around 2 hours.Went to Sugars and was met by over 30 boats' date=' 50 4 wheel drives on the other side and at least 50 people fishing from shore. It was difficult fishing in such crowds and I had 3 boats within casting distance. Every 10min, another boat would go past. Managed 1 bream and 17 Mullet.[/quote']I was down Hindmarsh Island for a week. I hear ya re: sugars lol. Soooo many people down there it was crazy. We did.the cockle.thing too... Got about a year's supply in the freezer I.reckon. Same same with the mullet... Nice big fat ones.We were lucky enough to.escape the crowds in the tinny and my Mrs caught half a dozen small jewies just inside.the coorong side of the mouth. And by small I mean 40cm with one going 60 which was a highlight.Caught a bream that was the shinyest silver color :ohmy: looked awesome (not like the bronze ones in the port :laugh: )I don't get with all the space down there why 55 thousand boats all have to hang around sugars and the mouth :silly:Still, it's a magic piece of our state and one area im going to make a habit of visiting more regularly ;)

Did the drive to Cape Jervis yesterday and it was well worth it, hit the water at 6.00am with two mates on the boat, first cast (3km out) brought in 5 snapper on the three paternoster rigs, we caught our limit of 15 snapper in around 20 minutes of mayhem all around 45-50cm, tried some other marks for bigger ones but we were plauged with the same size fish and called it a day on the snapper and went in closer for some snook and squid and had a great day and in by 12.00 noon.

Headed to Port Victoria yesterday, blew 15-25 knots the whole time. 4 squid and 8 gar. disappointing trip. lots of fish in the water full of berely. Had a balloon out but i didn't have the best baits. Fillets from 2kg salmon. freezer defrosted a couple of trips ago and lost my good baits..

Went for a quick flickfor yfw with surface lures this arvo on the northern flatsWas fairly windy on arrival but decided i was there might as well have a goWaded out and first flick was met with some good follows but no hook up, cast straight back in to the same area and hook up as soon as it hit the water :laugh: Had 4 just legals 25-26cm in the bag in 10 minutes and thought here we go.The wind had other ideas and picked up quickly :evil: went back in shallower to get away from the wind a bit and found another 5 over the next half hour os so but all under size so back they went.Lost two more that looked legal at my feet in the real shollow stuff and called it a day.Dont know if its just me but the schools seem a lot smaller this year and the size of the fish seem to be down aswell. Last year 30cm were small now id be happy for a bag of 30cm yfwOh well can only get better over summerIMG_0194.JPG

Was flyfishing lower eyre peninsula the other week, put the burley out, got the usual bait fish around. Couldnt resist but catch a few. Was tommies and gar out a bit further. Kept a few for livebait. All of a sudden i see a fin breach the surface in the distance. Thought nothing of it just figured it was a few dolphins. NEK MINIT theres a sunfish under the jetty.

Sunfish-2-LF.jpg

Was flyfishing lower eyre peninsula the other week' date=' put the burley out, got the usual bait fish around. Couldnt resist but catch a few. Was tommies and gar out a bit further. Kept a few for livebait. All of a sudden i see a fin breach the surface in the distance. Thought nothing of it just figured it was a few dolphins. NEK MINIT theres a sunfish under the jetty.[/quote']That's unreal.

I heard via Facebook that there were heaps of mullet around the Southport walking bridge yesterday so decided to head down there this morning on a livie mission. Managed about five which should do the job, thousands of pickers down there it was crazy! Threw back so many undersized mullet and st's also saw a bunch of decent sized st's that just wouldn't take my bait as it was decimated every cast by the pickers :( There are Whiting hanging around too, have to give them a go soon I reckon.I'm off soon to put my livies to use, fingers crossed I have a report to write up later ;)

I heard via Facebook that there were heaps of mullet around the Southport walking bridge yesterday so decided to head down there this morning on a livie mission. Managed about five which should do the job' date=' thousands of pickers down there it was crazy! Threw back so many undersized mullet and st's also saw a bunch of decent sized st's that just wouldn't take my bait as it was decimated every cast by the pickers :( There are Whiting hanging around too, have to give them a go soon I reckon.I'm off soon to put my livies to use, fingers crossed I have a report to write up later ;)[/quote']Could've thrown some softies or lures at the st's?

Could've thrown some softies or lures at the st's?

Yeah did try a couple of softies but they weren't interested, the mullet chased them all over the place but it seemed by the time I was flicking sp's the larger mullet disappeared and the st's seemed to shy away as soon as the mullet started chasing them.Was pretty cool down there today though, the water was crystal clear I went out knee deep and could see hundreds of fish they weren't shy of me walking around either.On another note, I had a pretty decent Mully run tonight on one of my livies but it spat the bait :( then decided to rub it in my face by splashing out of the water :S

went down to henley yesterday to put out a big bait and try for gar and tommies. My bait was in that good knick after 3 hrs itll be on my next sharking trip :evil: but the tommies came on just b4 sunset' date=' managed bout 37 between me and the mate so wasnt all bad.[attachment=13719']20130121_231401.jpg[/attachment]

I heard that the big tommies were on ,it seems the info was spot on. cheers brenton

Fished down at Coobowie over the long weekend,We got 8 king george whiting on saturday evening and 15 King George whiting on Sunday. Monday was supposed to be a day with the kids at the beach until the cold front hit unfortunately.Some snapper were caught at Tapley's on Saturday morning but Sunday was quiet according to those I spoke with.The odd gummy shark landed around Troubridge Point area from local reports.TB ;)

Headed out from Cape Jervis today (5:30am start) out to the Pages chasing tuna.Went with my neighbour, his son and his nephew. His nephew and I had not caught a tuna before so the first two fish were ours.Got out near the pages and saw a little runabout land two tuna, looked promising.Ended up being very slow and I had just laid down for a quick kip when one of the rods goes off... well I didn't get to fight that one, but it was a smallish one about 10kg.After another hour or so chasing birds and dodging boats, I was finally on well east of the Pages.Short time later a 16kg fish is bleeding all over the place in the boat. Mission accomplished.That was pretty much it for the day, one of the crew had a little mishap that nearly saw them over the side and ended up with a cut up hand so we headed in.Was good fun being out there though, see the birds diving then when you get closer see the tuna smashing bait on the surface.. all the while 10 boats have seen the same thing and are all bearing down on the same spot lol :)

definitely been hanging to get out there for a crack, but to be honest ale... I think an 8kg snapper fought harder than this 16kg tuna.sure it was heavy to bring up, but there was just no fight in it at all.... a bit disappointing. it swam with the boat once hooked and just kinda gave up in the end.surely they're not all like that...