THE QUICK TRIP REPORT THREAD... (post away)

Nice work PaulyS, I have heard some.good schooly reports North and South, but haven't been.out.for three weeks now (except.one westlakes family sesh).... Im having serious withdrawals.Sad I've been crook and busy at work.and blah blah bloody blah... Haha, cheers for your little reports though :) good to hear fish about!!

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Managed to knock up a feed today with moggy &hsv Hsv hooked a gar which then got swallowed by a bronzie which then in a calamity of errors was lost boat side due to a recently purchased ego 2 slid

Drove past the water yesterday whilst at work and thought golly, looks good so as soon as i got home hooked the boat up, sorted the rods and the missus and away we went. Launched and went maybe 1km fr

had a great weekend throwing lures at mullys saturday morning i got this fella at the onkAnd heres one of the many on plastics today down the coorong

Posted Images

Quick trip so a quick report...Took the eldest (4) down to old noarlunga for a sesh in some shade around the back.He managed to catch 3 little bream all by himself with the smallest going no longer than 50mm.Normally hook them for him but his patience is growing so very proud Dad!! Together we managed around a dozen, none bigger than 180mm but it wasn't about the size today :)Went up the rong yesterday and got 4 nice mullies before moving spots and losing the prop. Not sure what happened but a very kind local Mundoo resident gave us a tow back in and refused $50 for the effort saying what goes around comes around. 2 thumbs up!!

Ended up going down to Point Turton over the weekend and was bloody fantastic, caught 13 nice sized STs, Tommy galore down there few Snook, some Drummer and a couple undersized whiting all caught on the same bibby and of course squid. All in all was great weekend and Point Turton didn't disappoint!Was pretty amazing about 3-4 King Fish every afternoon/morning would just cruise around the jetty not having a look at anything, chased my lure few times but decided otherwise in taking it.ScreenShot2013-02-24at11.36.20PM.pngScreenShot2013-02-24at11.39.02PM.png

Was pretty amazing about 3-4 King Fish every afternoon/morning would just cruise around the jetty not having a look at anything' date=' chased my lure few times but decided otherwise in taking it.[/quote']That happened to me last time I was fishing off the wharf in Lincoln. Gotta be one of the most frustrating things I've experienced. Had two livies out plus throwing every lure in my box at them and they just ignored the lot. Grr :angry::boot:

Launched this morning at Seacliff and headed north. The lovely Bec caught her first KGW then another , then another. Ended up with 5 Whiting half a dozen gar and tommies. Then the notherley came up and not another bite. Home before lunch .

Went to the bluff down at Victor today and i was leaning over the edge looking at the tommies and leather jackets along the ledge. when out of nowhere a school of 6 kingies came flying through. what made it worse is i did not have a rod in my hand or in the car at all to catch them with(still upset about it). It just goes to show that there is a lot of fish life still out there

Went down to second valley jetty on Sunday managed around 15 tommies biggest around 25cm, 1 legal gar and a undersized sweep :laugh::) I was using a spring feeder and a single size ten hook and gents for bait. The tommies were crazy on the end of your line they were going in circles jumping out of the water and were taking the unweighted rig all around the jetty.there was tiny tommies teeming around the end of the jetty

Fished the Yacht Squadron at outer Harbour last night for a bit of fun with the missus. Was hoping for a few tommies for a ray session.....but caught everything but :PEnded up catching a handful of near legal Bream, aswell as a couple of just legal models. Also managed a Garfish, some trumpeter, one tommy and even a small flathead (my third and biggest from this spot in almost three years fishing here)Posted Image

Fished the Yacht Squadron at outer Harbour last night for a bit of fun with the missus. Was hoping for a few tommies for a ray session.....but caught everything but :PEnded up catching a handful of near legal Bream' date=' aswell as a couple of just legal models. Also managed a Garfish, some trumpeter, one tommy and even a small flathead (my third and biggest from this spot in almost three years fishing here)[img']http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/535405_10151460108994190_446314497_n.jpg[/img]

If that thing was legal it would be a fish lollipop! :lol::lol:

Fished the Yacht Squadron at outer Harbour last night for a bit of fun with the missus. Was hoping for a few tommies for a ray session.....but caught everything but :PEnded up catching a handful of near legal Bream' date=' aswell as a couple of just legal models. Also managed a Garfish, some trumpeter, one tommy and even a small flathead (my third and biggest from this spot in almost three years fishing here)[img']http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/535405_10151460108994190_446314497_n.jpg[/img]

Some of those could be turned into baits. No matter what size flatties are a top catch and interesting fish. I love wading around the shallows flicking lures and catching the odd one or two.

Went out today for a midday snapper Sesh, thought I'd keep the Missus happy by doing this...........Ended up with five all around the 60 cm mark, didn't see any of the larger models we've been getting regularly during the evening which was a bit disappointing .Willy weather predicted north north Easters all day and it was blowing almost a southerly all day!?No pics cause I'm too lazy to take pics of little snapper.Went north and deep. And some dude was playing funny buggers trying to ping me while I was on the drift........tool.Not anyone on this site I hope.

Well then, it's been a good week of fishing ever since I dropped my line weight and changed my hooks. I've been trying different things with Burley and today I reckon I finally hit the spot. Whiting nuts and creamed corn for burley, corn/bread with some aniseed for bait, no weight/ small split shot, or a running sinker, and the fish came one after another!I'm stoked something's finally working for me :)http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/5964/20130305232524.jpghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/3706/20130305193231.jpghttp://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/832/20130304212726.jpg/Catfish was released. Total of 10 carp, (2 were goldfish hybrids) and 1 catty. River Torrens. Cheers ;)

Went to Pt Gawler a few days ago. half a dozen undersized Bream, a dozen trumpeters (frozen for squid teasers/ crab bait) and a baby KG whiting. Lots of action from the small bait stealers, couldnt keep a cockle on the hook for 2 seconds :(Saw another guy get a large Bream on live worm, easily well over 30cm. Something interesting I noticed, all the bream had a dirty bronze discolouration to they're scales. Any idea what this is caused by, environmental influences? Diseased? :S

Went to Pt Gawler a few days ago. half a dozen undersized Bream' date=' a dozen trumpeters (frozen for squid teasers/ crab bait) and a baby KG whiting. Lots of action from the small bait stealers, couldnt keep a cockle on the hook for 2 seconds :(Saw another guy get a large Bream on live worm, easily well over 30cm. Something interesting I noticed, all the bream had a dirty bronze discolouration to they're scales. Any idea what this is caused by, environmental influences? Diseased? :S[/quote']Nice report mate, haven't been 4 ages.I think them bream live in the muddy mangroves and are just that colour.... As opposed to the shiny bream that live in clear water with a sandy bottom. I've caught the filthiest mongrel bream in the North arm, and yet down the coorong at Christmas the bream were like Stirling silver!!! Almost like a different species lol.

Last Night metro area dodge tide, chasing snapper, on our spot and within 10 mins had the first hookup, small, then it was on for the next hour or so, they weren't smashing the baits just like a normal bite but 10 snapper later and 45-50 cm was a good night. Heaps of squid chasing the snapper up managed to hook three.We nearly didn't go because of the tide , but just goes to show, better of trying than notSnapperMarch2013.jpg

G'day there. Had some REAL fun tonight on the Torrens. Sat down for about 15 minutes and felt my rod with 2 bits of corn on the end of a size 12 'covert stealth' hook go crazy. The drag wound out and the fish took me 50-60 metres down the shore. Luckily I was able to lead him back to the most shallow bank I could find but I'd left the net at home. I found a set of needle nose pliers and after some close calls managed to grab his bottom lip and drag him out. Unfortunately his whole bottom lip ripped off just as I pulled him onto the grass. Twas a close call indeed. I think he's my biggest fish. I couldn't get a measure on him... but he was heavy, and it was exhilarating... even if it's nothing compared to the monsters I've seen on here!I was using a basic shimano rod for about the 60 dollar mark (with the reel) but the kind bloke at fisherman's paradise respooled it and gave me a bunch of 6 pound fly leader. Anyway, thought I would share ;)Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageOh yeah and got a big goldfish too!

I went out this morning with a mate off nth haven to have a muck about with the snapper on S/P.There was a bit of swell running surprisingly which almost curtailed our plans but we decided to potter out to a ground not too far off and see what happens.We both caught a few ruggers early until some bigger models turned up and i managed a couple of bigger fish on plastic until it got swallowed so i swapped to bait and blew a real big fish.....as often happens that was the end of the action as the lost fish took the biggies away. cheers brentonPosted Image

I went out this morning with a mate off nth haven to have a muck about with the snapper on S/P.There was a bit of swell running surprisingly which almost curtailed our plans but we decided to potter out to a ground not too far off and see what happens.We both caught a few ruggers early until some bigger models turned up and i managed a couple of bigger fish on plastic until it got swallowed so i swapped to bait and blew a real big fish.....as often happens that was the end of the action as the lost fish took the biggies away. cheers brentonGreat Effort there Brenton :woohoo: :clap: Theres def some nice fish doing the rounds atm not including the PJs.Theres been Plenty in the nthn half of the gulf til the Pros hammered them' date=' but still heaps down further too; been doing OK recently mid-coast :)Windowframeforsale1786.jpgWindowframeforsale1782.jpgBoth on 4 Kilo line on Calcutta50 BC :woohoo:

launched early with the missus on Saturday morning planning on chasing some snapper early then heading out for some whiting once the sun was up. we got to the snapper spot, set our lines and sat down to wait. bout an hour passed with us checking and changing baits then zzzzzzz off screams my rod. i was on for about 30 seconds then the fish spat the hook. i was spewing coz it felt like a half decent fish but i spose i will never know now :( after that we headed south of Whyalla chasing whiting. we drifted around and pulled a few then we hit a school so i threw down the anchor and we ended up with 18, the missus pulled the biggest at 42cm which was also her biggest fish to date so all in all a pretty good day :)117.jpg118.jpg

Looks like everyone had a good day today.We went out at Cape Jervis and scored 7 legal snapper.Lost 3 bigguns sadly but still a great day on the water out there. Was even better once the tide turned and the wind turned and dropped out leaving nothing but glass.Only bad thing about that place is the amount of tackle you lose. Looks like I'll be making more snapper leads and rigs tonight!