THE QUICK TRIP REPORT THREAD... (post away)

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Managed to knock up a feed today with moggy &hsv Hsv hooked a gar which then got swallowed by a bronzie which then in a calamity of errors was lost boat side due to a recently purchased ego 2 slid

Drove past the water yesterday whilst at work and thought golly, looks good so as soon as i got home hooked the boat up, sorted the rods and the missus and away we went. Launched and went maybe 1km fr

had a great weekend throwing lures at mullys saturday morning i got this fella at the onkAnd heres one of the many on plastics today down the coorong

Posted Images

Went out off west beach last night' date=' 8 pm till 2 am, beautiful conditions, for a bag of 10 ruggers, 4 squid and one kgw.Wasn't fast and furious but slow and steady. Havnt fished out if west beach for about 3 months and was pleasantly surprised.[/quote']Was out there too from about 7pm but pulled the pin about 1am also landed a few squid and 6 nice ruggers. Conditions were perfect.@UHF, yeah plenty sea lice were around and a pain.

Went out again this morning, on the water by 4am..... :blink: Laid the burley, plenty of sea lice about, but just on the top of the tide bagged the first keeper, once the tide started the run out and there was some light on the horizon the action was on, I had refreshed the burly, and for the two of us it was one line in fish would hit and as we were boating that fish the other rod would go off, without a doubt the best snapper session I have had. Got our 4 over 60 and was one short on the 38 to TuesdayMorningMarch2013.2.jpgTuesdayMorningMarch2013.jpg

Morning fish in the tinny off Brighton Mon morning produced a great mixed feed.Discovered on the way out that the battery was flat - no sounder or gps then.... back to looking over the side for weed/sand patches. Lucky there was no wind and the water was pretty clear!We filled the esky with:2 snapps3 kg whiting16 squid (got a dozen in about 3 mins when the tide went slack!)loads of leather jackets12 gar3 tommiesand more pt jacksons and fiddlers than i could believe - about 10 of each, some sporting hooks and line from other encounters with fishermen. It was hot though, and a quick jump over the side to cool down was essential.So, $5 of fuel, $5 on 2 iced coffees. Great morning out an plenty of good tucker. Love my fishing!More public holidays please...Saltybeard

had a couple hours at west lakes fri evening. Just the usual bream at the usual 20:1 ratio of mini bream to legals. Was great to see my 5 year old boy bait, cast, hook and land his first fish all by himself. He was stoked. Got some trumpeters too that went out as live baits but no takers. Maybe next time B)

My god there's been.some good fish posted in this little thread!! :woohoo: great fishin'Don't forget to start a whole report thread of yer own now and then yeah ;) I returned to some favourite old port river rocks this morning. Boat battery was dead, but enjoyed a relaxing little session land based.Not too much to write about... Bream were fairly quiet but managed a good one that made my day.Pic doesn't do it justice, but gave a great account of itself... DSC_0931.JPG

Not too much to write about... Bream were fairly quiet but managed a good one that made my day.Pic doesn't do it justice' date=' but gave a great account of itself... [attachment=14425']DSC_0931.JPG[/attachment]

It must have been a real stonker if that pic doent do it Justice :clap: Nice to see this thread going well Jack ;)B)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageFishing the St kilda channel this morning for about two hours. Plenty of bream but most of it undersize. Trumpeter almost every cast. Caught a few Tommy. What funny this morning was i thought i caught the boat that went pass but actually something big pulling my line. Went i almost saw the fish it spit the hook :( . But it was fun :cheer: .

Gday all,Had a couple hours to spare between kids basketball finals ...went down from the Water Tower to drown a worm, to be honest I wasnt expecting anything...Caught 1 @ 35cm Silver 1 @ 30cm Callop1 @ 45cm Carp1 @ 42cm CattieJust needed a cod and a redfin ....still yet to complete the set in one session Cheers all

Fished the run in tide at Outer Harbour last night for a small bag of nice size Mullet (good to restock the freezer with a bit of bait anyways)Managed to get a big school into the area I was fishing.....was tough work getting them to bite, but was frantic once they did (reckon I would have got 2-3 times as many if I'd had some smaller hooks on me)Also got a nice Bream and a few just undersize Salmon Trout. Was a big school of well legal gar hanging around aswell, but didn't have a bait on me that would tempt them!Posted ImagePosted Image

Had no luck at all down near Hackney. Hooked a poor turtle and a water fowl. Jumped down to the old faithful zoo and had two large hookups straight after the other. A bloke was helping me net the first one when my second line took off. Great fun on 6lb line. Still using size 12 covert muggas and incizors. These are great fun for building up my skills. I must stress the gratitude I have for all the members on here and the folks at Fisherman's Paradise helping me on my way to some fun fishing action. Having a ball!Measures 68 and 70 centimetres. Not sure about weight? Any estimates?Posted Image

took my missus and a workmate out last night. we launched at around 6 and motored out the front where we tried for bait. ended up with 4 squid and 2 small tommies. went out to have a crack at some snapper, sat there for about 4 hours, moved once. hooked a smallish bronzie but he bit me off at the boat. a few dog sharks and my missus got one undersized snapper. not overly successful but thats fishing

went out today at about 7am. started off looking for whiting but all my normally reliable spots came up with only one whiting about 20cm, if that. after moving round a bit we managed to slowly tally up squid and tommies which will be handy as bait next weekend in the snapper comp. all in all got 19 squid and 30 tommies. hopefully one of them becomes a 16kg snapper next weekend!

Took my mate and his father-in-law fishing today. They were quite keen to get a suitable outfit each and first stop was Fishering Wholesalers. I was pleasantly surprised to be greeted by Mark in the store and he put us onto the goods. I picked out a pair of Daiwa Airds for my mate and Mark matched them to a Daiwa Seabass rod. I haven't used these before but they were similar to my seajiggers and did the job great today. We grabbed some braid and Mark spooled both reels. We left with a pair of great landbased rods and a few odds and ends, very happy with the service.Headed to a spot down south and soon we were set up and fishing. After 2 hours of catching baby ST I was getting a bit worried. We caught 2 decent mullet but they both shook off the hooks as we lifted them from the water. The keeper bag was empty and I considered moving spots. Another bait change and suddenly I was onto a better fish. It turned out to be a 42cm mullie. We put out a few more pilchard cubes and suddenly the school moved infront of us. We pulled in a 60cm fish and another just undersized before getting a double, then a triple hookup. Most of the fish fought great on the light gear and braid and we had a heap of fun. Ended up with a few keepers and released another 7 or 8 undersized.DSC02936.JPG

Headed to Lock 3 today. The wife and I caught over 50 plus Silver perch from 20-40cm, 30 plus callop from 12-38cm, a single 22cm catfish and a handful of relatively small carp.We took photos of the first few of each, then it got to the point we were sick of catching Silver Perch. the large ones fought very well on 6lb braid.Ate the only callop we kept for tea tonight (baked with chilli, basil and tomatoes in the cavity).

Headed to Lock 3 today. The wife and I caught over 50 plus Silver perch from 20-40cm' date=' 30 plus callop from 12-38cm, a single 22cm catfish and a handful of relatively small carp.We took photos of the first few of each, then it got to the point we were sick of catching Silver Perch. the large ones fought very well on 6lb braid.Ate the only callop we kept for tea tonight (baked with chilli, basil and tomatoes in the cavity).[/quote']Great to hear about so many natives.