THE QUICK TRIP REPORT THREAD... (post away)

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Managed to knock up a feed today with moggy &hsv Hsv hooked a gar which then got swallowed by a bronzie which then in a calamity of errors was lost boat side due to a recently purchased ego 2 slid

Drove past the water yesterday whilst at work and thought golly, looks good so as soon as i got home hooked the boat up, sorted the rods and the missus and away we went. Launched and went maybe 1km fr

had a great weekend throwing lures at mullys saturday morning i got this fella at the onkAnd heres one of the many on plastics today down the coorong

Posted Images

Went for a flick down OH, tried the decks, around the red beacon halfway out and could only manage a few ST's. Don't know where the fish went but there was a prolific amount of weed making it only fishable around tide change. Was really hoping for a flattie, any better sports around Nth Metro for flatties this time of year and am I wasting time flicking flick baits around?

Hi thanks for all that information - Thinking about doing this course I am very interested - I only have a small boat - do you need to go go out deep from Brighton or are you fairly close to shore

What the deal with this snapper course, what does this Wayne smith know that others who have books about snapper not know?Has he got a book about it.I would be more inclined to shell out $25-$30 for a book than $300-$500 for this course.Has anyone out there done it who would like to shed some light on this?Is the course worth the cash?

been working in moonta this week so snuck in a 2hr session after work each night.fished moonta the first three days and got 28 squid, so come wednesday i thort id try for tommies at hughes. got to hughes to find the gents dead so killed that idea but snook were jumpin so had a crack with the soft plastic and got three with 1 undersize that went back.last night thort id try for the snook again.. got the technique down packd and landed 7. got bit off by a biggie at the jetty which suckd.anyway it beats sitting in the pub and giving all ur money to the tabedit : pics arnt working

been working in moonta this week so snuck in a 2hr session after work each night.fished moonta the first three days and got 28 squid' date=' so come wednesday i thort id try for tommies at hughes. got to hughes to find the gents dead so killed that idea but snook were jumpin so had a crack with the soft plastic and got three with 1 undersize that went back.last night thort id try for the snook again.. got the technique down packd and landed 7. got bit off by a biggie at the jetty which suckd.anyway it beats sitting in the pub and giving all ur money to the tabedit : pics arnt working[/quote']Yeah same story took me a while to get the snook retrieve down pat but knocked of 5 in the 50-70cm range last month at moonta jetty.

Went out fishing the ONK around Perry's bend last night, thought I'd say thanks to Joe from Got One South Road for giving me the hot tips. The big tide produced a fish per cast all afternoon on the bait... mostly small Bream but a couple of decent ones in there on a cheap little hard body lure, my first attempt at lure fishing at the Onk too, so well stoked. A couple of small salmon trout jumped on the lure too, not much larger than the lure itself :PPosted Image

Got a couple of solid Bream from the Port yesterday......Go like freight trains on 4lb fluoro!Posted ImagePosted ImageAlso got a decent bag of 21-25cm Salmon Trout :)

What bait for the Bream and salmon Booma? Or were you using lures?Salmon are my favourite species to target on SP! They seem to be getting a little bigger!

Headed to my local reddie hole today, spent a few hours casting hardbodies and SP's and got nothing. Moved around a lot and tried my trusty switchblade. Within two casts got myself a new PB redfin at 26cm. Stoked to say the least. Unfortunately that was it for the day, one solitary reddie.

i went to beacon 19 for a fish last nightWe managed 4 Mullet 15,25,27,30cm and 7 ST's 6 were undersized and one keeper coming in at 24cm all of the undersized were released.they were all caught on paternoster rigs with reasonably heavy sinker (mainly used because of the wind conditions, waves and casting)Cockles and pilchards were used as bait pilchards caught the keeper st and another undersized st cockles caught the restcheers Jetty man :cheer:

Did the run down to Pt Mac rolled in 1.30 am got a few hours sleepTrawled for tuna got first 10kg bluefin around 9.30 120ft deepNot much happening tried out on the shelf bouncy ride out n back for no actionBottom bounced for a few driftsgot 3 nanies 2 cutlies 4 monster blue throats in 170 ft Hard day on the tuna charter boat gave up on tuna but got mako & gummiesSunday was 15-20 kn northerly so had swell coming in & chop going out a few waves stood upStayed in close 100ft around some bomies got 1 , 2 the double header to fishing our bag Turned for home & gunned it home :woohoo: back to the ramp in 10 minsQuick gill n gut & ice fish down bite to eat on the road by 12.30 Saw more birds feeding on the drive home Had to work hard for tuna this time lots of long faces at the rampAfter people did 100+km for no fishAll fish caught on pilchard pattern hard bodies

• 2 weeks later...

Headed out Semaphore this morning and got on the water at ~0200, weather was ok and i optimistically had a rod just for livies :laugh: Once the berley worked its magic, i started pulling up little tommies and rigged one as a livie, chucked some small ones back as time passed and pulled a double header of decent size tommies.Squid kept attacking my livies by eating their guts out :blink: and some tommy fillets yielded 3 smallish ST's; must have chucked back about 15 undersize ST's and tiny tommies over the session but ended up with 5 suitable eating fish for dinner tonight! Was a good little trip and I got some more use of the alvey, which is always nice! packed it all in at about 1000 and ready for a nap now!

Went out to chase some WINTER bream today, I was really just fishing on a wing and a prayer when all of a sudden my Damiki F-grub in Omebi got engulfed. The fish fought hard and I had a Cracking bream of 30plus cm's.970733_423815464382321_521400117_n.jpgI proceeded to land another 3 BIG bream in a row, all approx 35cm and the whole time I was weighting to hook a big one. Finally whack, I had hooked a steam train. This things was pulling line and for a while I thought I was onto a schoolie. Finally I got it withing site and was stoked. This fish was approx 40 odd cms and was SOLID [as.425208_423815567715644_1444481073_n.jpgThe Millerod Control freak put the hurt on these fish in strong current and helped me avoid some big rocks a couple of times.

Travelled down the south east this weekend.SaturdayFished the little blue lake for 1 small redfin. fish were sitting very deep around 10m according to the divers.Fished Carpenters Rocks for Salmon to 1kg & lost an adagio. You had to hit the reef to catch anything.SundayFished Beachport. Heaps of ST's. In the afternoon the salmon pushed JUST inside the reef. Fish from 1 to 4kg. Small fish came from inside the reef. the Big girls came from the far side of the reef. Only caught 3 big ones, caight about 15 1kg's.Enough salmon action to keep me pumped for the Lincoln trip. B)

Travelled down the south east this weekend.SaturdayFished the little blue lake for 1 small redfin. fish were sitting very deep around 10m according to the divers.Fished Carpenters Rocks for Salmon to 1kg & lost an adagio. You had to hit the reef to catch anything.SundayFished Beachport. Heaps of ST's. In the afternoon the salmon pushed JUST inside the reef. Fish from 1 to 4kg. Small fish came from inside the reef. the Big girls came from the far side of the reef. Only caught 3 big ones' date=' caight about 15 1kg's.Enough salmon action to keep me pumped for the Lincoln trip. B)[/quote']Some images to go with report. Redfin-LittleBlueLake-SouthEast.jpgSalmonandSalmonTorut-SalmonBeach-Beachport.jpg