THE QUICK TRIP REPORT THREAD... (post away)

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Managed to knock up a feed today with moggy &hsv Hsv hooked a gar which then got swallowed by a bronzie which then in a calamity of errors was lost boat side due to a recently purchased ego 2 slid

Drove past the water yesterday whilst at work and thought golly, looks good so as soon as i got home hooked the boat up, sorted the rods and the missus and away we went. Launched and went maybe 1km fr

had a great weekend throwing lures at mullys saturday morning i got this fella at the onkAnd heres one of the many on plastics today down the coorong

Posted Images

Interesting that the Redfin doesn't have the big forked stripe half way along its back but all singles (looks alot more like an English or european specimen!)

2nd bar back from the head was forked on the opposite side. i remember this as i was able to show the divers, who must be a different species of human or oblivous to their surrondings when under the water.

popped out in the boat this morning for a quick sesh, went and burleyed up some drops then had a fish for whiting, we managed 2 keepers amoungst about 20 small to just unders. we then had a troll for some ST's, ended up with 19 nice plump little fellas. cant wait til my missus' dad makes a smoker for us out of a beer keg, should be good

Out today from sullies ,got 8 squid ,caugh the fatest weedie whiting i have ever seen but he went back nice day on the water tried everything from chucking lures ,to snapper rigs but to no avail ,oh well some feed of calamari anyway ,seals back at hallets and coming back i had 2 dolphins jump out of the water along side of me while i was going along ,scared the crap out of me all good fun .

[attachment=15293]IMG_4155.JPG[/attachment]Bag out at St Kilda this morning. The fish starting to bite really well.

Did you use lures? Were there many people out?
I was using bait (pilchard) with running singker rig. Go there as early as you can and straight down to the end. Many people there during the weekend.

Got out Saturday, Sunday and the Saturday before, about 200 KGW in 3 trips. 170 of them up to 30 cm the rest 31 to 38. Few Red mullet, tommies & ST's. Couldn't find a Squid. 3 different deckies all had a ball & a feed. The undersized fish were all released in good condition to grow for next weekend.

Headed down to the Onk late this arvo in the kayak. Water level was incredibly high, so much so that I couldn't fit under the saltfleet road bridge at the first entrance!! Trolled around for a while for two ST's that were well below legal. Finally on the way back I hooked and landed my PB onk bream of 33cm on my Bassday lure. I took me for a tow and fought very hard but I netted the beast, measured him and then watched it swim away freely to fight another day.

So I went for a quick 1.45hr sesh in the torrens lake a couple of weeks back. At first It was slow. I threw some loose food out to get them going.About 20 minutes into the sesh, I had a small take. I lifted my rod and set the hook. I landed this stinkin Crucian Carp! It was my first ever Crucian. Never knew they were around the torrens lake! 10 minutes after, I was tying another rig onto my other rod which got snagged WHEN SUDDENLY I SEE MY OTHER ROD STEAMING OFF! :woohoo: I got so excited and took this magnificent fight! But I got it towards the edge and reached for it! It was one heavy beast! It slipped out on the first try. The second try... It snapped.... :pinch: :blink::( I was sooo angry! But that's fishing! :fishing:

Anyone fished the Pat lately? Went there for a couple of hours this morning... walked the whole lake not a single hit, didn't even see any fish in the shallows or any bait fish swimming around.... ALWAYS at least see bait fish swimming around....

Had an hour up my Sleeve this morning... Went down old Noarlunga for a bream session on baits as i havent had a bait session for awhile. In 30 minutes got 4 bream biggest going 40cm, smallest going just under 28cm. Christened the Daiwa Heartland and Daiwa Calida 2000 that have been sitting there not getting used. I loved the Sound of the drag Screaming from the Caldia. Bait of choice was white bait and the rig was a simple rolling swivel to 4lb leader with two Size 2 Daichii Hooks snelled.So if your after a bit of fun head down the onk and give it a try.. theres plenty around :)

Had another session later this arvo. In a different spot. The action wasnt that great but did manage to pull out an 38cm bream.. Got a few St's aswell but was pretty quiet considering the action i had yesterday.Leigh got a 30cm bream and a few ST's too.Whitebait did the damage and the same rig aswell......969729_620866857931982_1503862450_n.jpg

Had an hour up my Sleeve this morning... Went down old Noarlunga for a bream session on baits as i havent had a bait session for awhile. In 30 minutes got 4 bream biggest going 40cm' date=' smallest going just under 28cm. Christened the Daiwa Heartland and Daiwa Calida 2000 that have been sitting there not getting used. I loved the Sound of the drag Screaming from the Caldia. Bait of choice was white bait and the rig was a simple rolling swivel to 4lb leader with two Size 2 Daichii Hooks snelled.So if your after a bit of fun head down the onk and give it a try.. theres plenty around :)[/quote']sounds like the two days before the new moon scenario at work herelet alone the masterful anglerdone well again southie ;)
  • 2 weeks later...