THE QUICK TRIP REPORT THREAD... (post away)

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Managed to knock up a feed today with moggy &hsv Hsv hooked a gar which then got swallowed by a bronzie which then in a calamity of errors was lost boat side due to a recently purchased ego 2 slid

Drove past the water yesterday whilst at work and thought golly, looks good so as soon as i got home hooked the boat up, sorted the rods and the missus and away we went. Launched and went maybe 1km fr

had a great weekend throwing lures at mullys saturday morning i got this fella at the onkAnd heres one of the many on plastics today down the coorong

Posted Images

Quick flick around the lake for something bigger. This greedy bastard swallowed a whole 110mm flick bait. Didnt measure but would be about 36/37cm and fat. Caught another a bit smaller allnin about 10mins. Not what I was flicking lures for but fun none the less.Posted ImageCheersJB

Pretty nice salmon for the lake! Especially after the bloodworm run. Did you see any bream crusing around by any chance? ;)

Had to run the brother in law down to the plane in Lincoln. I thought it would be a good chance to go squiding on the way home. After talking to the boys at spot on in Lincoln, they suggested Louth Bay would be better than North Shields. The wind was pretty strong when I got there, so I gave the jetty a miss and headed to the rocks that were a bit more sheltered. After an hour of casting, and five colour changes on the jigs, it was bang, bang, bang with three quick squidlys. The biggest one had a tube of 32cm, so not a bad size. As quick as they came on, it was back to nothing for half an hour. By this time it was 4:00 and high tide. I thought the wind had dropped a bit, so I tried the jetty. It was still windy enough on the jetty so I only stayed for bout 15 mins, but managed another squid.Nothing spectacular, but good fun for a couple hours, and proof that it's always worth going for a flick whenever the chance arises :fishing: The wife wondered why I was so keen to go for a drive to the airport!!!

• 2 weeks later...

late tuesday arvo port victoria way,second beach.about 20 metres from the end of the rocks on the beach.was up a bit further but weed became a pain.fishing light using gulp rainbow pearl minnowws 1/8 jighead with a spinner.would have picked up an easy dozen salmon trout,one just on size the others well over and a couple of mullet to boot in just over an hour every second or third cast had a hit,pity i was looking for lizards.left em biting and all cr.was meant to launch wed,but my tubs a couple of feet short,im :c over the weather there

• 3 weeks later...

There hasnt been a quick trip report for ages so heres one.... Went out today With Leigh chasing ST's and possible squid down the stones at Hallet Cove this arvo.. Got out there and the water was flat. Threw some burley out and we had fish everywhere... spent 2 and a half hours catching and releasing BIG tommies and legal Trouties with a few small ones mixed in... was an awesome arvo and was good to be out on the water..Between us we got 30-40 fish and probably dropped just as many...They were taking all sorts of lures and plastics... So if your needing bait or even a feed get down there... You would easily bag out if using bait but whats the fun in that...

Fished the jetty at Moonta (a first for me) on Monday night after picking up some car parts in the area.Plenty of tommies around and put together a nice bag of squid over the course of the night. Also hooked a couple of massive doggies which I wasn't able to hoist up onto the jetty (gotta take a crab net to land and unhook them next time)Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

There hasnt been a quick trip report for ages so heres one.... Went out today With Leigh chasing ST's and possible squid down the stones at Hallet Cove this arvo.. Got out there and the water was flat. Threw some burley out and we had fish everywhere... spent 2 and a half hours catching and releasing BIG tommies and legal Trouties with a few small ones mixed in... was an awesome arvo and was good to be out on the water..Between us we got 30-40 fish and probably dropped just as many...They were taking all sorts of lures and plastics... So if your needing bait or even a feed get down there... You would easily bag out if using bait but whats the fun in that...

Well done and thanks for the reportWhere abouts at Hallet Cove Southie?

anywhere along the rocks to the right mate.... burley up and you shouldnt have any dramas...Just to help out heres a map of where we went :)[attachment=15973]Untitled.png[/attachment]

Thanks Southie. about 5 mins down the rd from seacliff for me. Will give it a crack when the weather clears.

Headed down south to the Fleurieu Peninsula today with Southie to chase some carp for fun on our bream gear. Day started slowly but the fish came on the bite around 11:30am. We managed to land 7 carp to 55cm, with many bustoffs either at the net or getting snagged throught the reeds. Was a good day even though the weather wasnt the greatest.P1000384.JPGP1000386.JPG

Quick trip to Thompsons Beach ' date=' fished the incoming tide.Got blown away with the wind, the weed was atrocious, managed an undersized YFW, and a few blow-up whitings... Water was very dirty.....[/quote']Bugger mateI prefer the outgoing tide out there as I seem to find the little buggers easierDid you get worms from there first?
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Saw plenty of Salmon on Monday down the Bower road end of the lake, caught nothing but a sunburn however. Headed down to Grange last night at sunset armed with a tub of gents, had a float and bottom rig out. Nothing for 2 hours around high tide, and then as it was running out got a few little bites on the bottom rig, snared a couple of little tommies. Then the float goes off, and it was a little Tommie every cast. Only about 10-15cm however and all went back, except for a few that swallowed the hook, which will become bait. Only had one decent bite that bent the rod, a 24cm Salmon Trout.