THE QUICK TRIP REPORT THREAD... (post away)

This thread has gone a bit quiet of late so I might just chuck up a little report from yesterday. On monday I armed to savage 4m with all the correct equipment to have a good day out on whatever happens to appear. Without a gps or sounder it is good ol' fishin' at its best. So tuesday morning comes, 0530 hours, screw that I 'm going back to sleep. 0700 hours, that a bit better. Anyway crab bait in and off we go to Nth Haven. And as you would expect with a 40 yo motor it got going, someone forgot to put the choke back in :silly: ...woops...flooded motor. Well 15min later and 2 very sore blisters I got her started and off we go! Trolled hb's for a while out the front of the academy to not avail. So chucked jags on and made our way to some decent drifting area, picked up 4 squid in a couple drifts and decided to motor off to semi reef, but as we have no gps I had to rely on my ability to line up a couple of landmarks from my dad's book of recognised ground's landmark alignments. So did that, no crabs, not whiting...back to the drift grounds, picked up a couple puffa's and a squiddly who decided to p*** me off to no end by following my jag for the entire drift before engulfing it over some very sandy area. 12 o'clock head back in, couple vietnamese rolls from the haven bakery and a good clean up! Nice day out there and a good warm up for what will be a cracker summer solo hitting up the metro coast. Keep and eye out for someone struggling to start their crank motor on grounds such as bower rd, semi reef, naval, channel and the section bank! Say Hi!

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Managed to knock up a feed today with moggy &hsv Hsv hooked a gar which then got swallowed by a bronzie which then in a calamity of errors was lost boat side due to a recently purchased ego 2 slid

Drove past the water yesterday whilst at work and thought golly, looks good so as soon as i got home hooked the boat up, sorted the rods and the missus and away we went. Launched and went maybe 1km fr

had a great weekend throwing lures at mullys saturday morning i got this fella at the onkAnd heres one of the many on plastics today down the coorong

Posted Images

After an enjoyable ( :d/ ) weekend Monday was looking a treat to get out there. Had a look at the tides and thought I'd be kind on everyone and launch from West Beach around 10am. Loaded up 'Bert' with the plan to have a bit of squid action around Marino and then to aim for some KG's off Somerton in the early arvo.The usual crew seemed to have had a too bigger weekend and piked it so I got the folks along and a mate that's been hassling me for a while. Apparently (but not surprisingly) every man and his mutt had the same idea as us with the carpark being completely packed and us ending up parking on the dirt block next door.After a few hours drifting for some squid we'd only managed to land one (albeit a beauty)! The water looked murky as so I think this may have played a part in it? So off to Somerton we went. A few spots later we'd only had a sniff of a red mullet and a few undersize KG's. Mum and Dad in their wisdom managed to get into the tangle of the century.... Then BANG, Mum's line got HIT when they were in the middle of sorting their sh!t out!! Being the head strong person she is she demanded she could pull it in by hand, which she did very successfully and landed a 50cm snap snap on a whiting trace!!! She was stolked. We were back at WB at 3:30pm to join the retrieving line-up at the ramp.All in all a great day out, not many fish, but enough for a feed that night!

Over the course of the last 2 weeks (School Holidays) we have caught 48 Carp from the Goolwa Area. All carp were caught during 4, 2 to 3 hour sessions.Gear Used included: A Shimano Catana/Sienna 2-4kg combo, Shimano Siedo with 2-4kg Shimano RTS ($30 Kmart), Abu Sonic Stix 2-4kg with cheapest Shimano Rear Drag reel and an Abu Muscle tip 3-6kg with an Abu cardinal Reel.Lines used were all either 8 or 10 Pound Mono. Biggest carp landed went 73cm and 6kg with another 4 weighing in at 4kg-5kg. We had one cracker session in which we pulled 20 carp in 2 hours. We went to check out a little jetty some 50 meters away and by the time the two of us had got back my line was tight and his rod was going off. My fish was decent (3kg ish) and on a very sticky drag it took almost 5 minutes. On the other hand the 3-6kg knocked over a little 30cm carp in no time. Luckily for my other rod it did because the moment it hit the bank my other rod went off, so I let him take it and land another 2kg carp.A good holidays fishing.

Howdy all, Went out friday for a fish with my old boy and a couple mates. Although it was blowing its ring out we pulled some nice KG whiting, salmon, squid, a snook and some big gar! The salmon were on the chew big time. Caught a few on a jig head with a bit of plastic cut off from a hook packet after we ran out of soft plastics. Turned out to be a good days fishing. Cheers Rat

image_2013-10-21.jpg

Firstly - Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to post in this thread :)After some consideration we have decided to lock this up. Members will still have access to view the content, but for those of you wishing to contribute, please consider using the Report Section.This will ensure your reports are only viewed by members & lets face it, most of the reports here deserved their own thread. Again thank you for all who have contributed and we encourage you to continue doing so in the designated Fishing Reports Category.CheersJack