THE QUICK TRIP REPORT THREAD... (post away)

Hey tt,Looks like your in my spot!It's fine though mate, you can borrow it for a while. Any Mully action?I've been out on the boat boys. Managed a bag of snapper on opening day and went out last night for 5 ruggers before I realized we were drifting . Up anchor to find NO ANCHOR! Just fell off!The wind picked up at about 10 pm so drifting was a no go as we were moving too quickly so we pulled the pin.A big shame as the fish were there and I was waiting for that turn to snag a few bigguns.Oh well, at least I've hit a job for today, buy and fit a new anchor .Nick

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Managed to knock up a feed today with moggy &hsv Hsv hooked a gar which then got swallowed by a bronzie which then in a calamity of errors was lost boat side due to a recently purchased ego 2 slid

Drove past the water yesterday whilst at work and thought golly, looks good so as soon as i got home hooked the boat up, sorted the rods and the missus and away we went. Launched and went maybe 1km fr

had a great weekend throwing lures at mullys saturday morning i got this fella at the onkAnd heres one of the many on plastics today down the coorong

Posted Images

Hey tt' date='Looks like your in my spot!It's fine though mate, you can borrow it for a while. Any Mully action?Nick[/quote']I will fight you for it! :laugh::laugh: Nah no Mullies, in saying that haven't exactly tried.May chuck out a live ST Next time I am there. TT

Well, today I was finally able to wet a line after 3-4 months without doing so. First went to glenelg. Tried around all the spots mentioned in the previous posts but got nothing. Very frustrating when you can see stonker bream enquiring at your lure and then swimming away. After that I went to Port Adelaide. Fished around New Port for a donut though. thinking I might go out tomorrow and see if I can hook something else. Mayby a Snapper of OH Breakwater :laugh::laugh:

Fished this morning between about 11pm and 5amTried the Yacht Squadron first for some livies, but only managed a few Trumpeters and a couple of undersize BreamMoved to my "Midnight Salmon Trout Spot" in the Port and managed about 10 Trouties ranging from undersized (17cm or so) right up to a solid 30cm fish, which gave the drag on my little 1000 sedona a good workout amongst the rocks. Also got a legal Bream and a couple of smaller onesKept a couple of the bigger ST's for bait and swam them in the lake a bit hoping for a mully, but no luck........then tried them as dead baits out at Garden Island until 5am hoping for a ray, but no luck there either!

Historically I suck at finding good fish in December locally, today was no different.Id been looking at the weather for the last 2 weeks trying to find a time to head out, last weekend blew its arse of and today's random conditions hampered our efforts aswell. I hate the SW winds, makes for rank fishing during the run out and positioning one self at the fickle metro drops. Nothing worse than when the wind and tide just fight each other :angry::angry: Anyway, got to the ramp at 4am, to watch a couple guys heading home not wanting to brave the white caps in the dark,but not the crew of Tempie and one other brave 16ft half cab thoStruggled all day with things going wrong, mechanical gliches and generally a painful outing for one lonesome rugger that we jagged around 10am. Bring on Jan and light northerlies. :laugh::laugh:

Fishing at Brighton jetty today after 5pm till 8pm and caught 5 whiting, 1 mullet, 1 undersize flathead and 1 undersize bream. A lot of bite. An old man that came later than me caught more. Someone caught big bream but didn't managed to land it. Ray went past under me three times. So, while i was there i saw whiting, bream, ray, flathead, skate and mullet. There is rumors someone caught mulloway there too. End of report. Milmo

hows the new rig treating ya ?pauly

Not to bad, few teething issues that Im slowly sorting out. Just getting the time to do the work, then find the time to fish and trying it out is hard enough, let alone paying for it!!She is off getting some love atm, will update my thread beofre the weeks end, sure wouldve made saturday morning nicer ;)

Went out this morning from west beach, little big of a swell which made it slow to get down to brighton way for some squid, but damn were the big Bread and Butter fish out today.Not huge in numbers of squid, we got enough for a good feed with just 4 (all being over 30cms in the tube!) so move around trying to find another decent amount of squid to no avail.Threw the berley pot over around brighton way, few tommys none wanted to take any offerings :(Decided to move towards glenelg and go for some whiting.Threw lines for squid over, got a few smaller ones.line for whiting, got not even a touchBerley trail started again, in about 30 minutes the boat was surrounded with good sized gar.managed to get a fair few between a mate and myself and called it a day. Didnt measure 1 under 30cms but all were very hard to catch, again didnt really want anything offered to them. ended up cockles worked the best!Now to go cook up dinner and think about going out again tomorrow!

weldone jimmy, i been waiting for so long so get out and chase the gar again. good to know there around glenelg, wen i was gettin them there last time they were all nice size to. with the kgw i think they are more rare then :c mulloway around metro i can neva find the bastards.goodluck again 2moro mate weather should be sweetpauly

Just today I was fishing The lower Finesse (where it meets the murray) sixth cast along a reed line and BANG a huge callop walloped my lure! From catching them in dam's quite a bit I could tell it would probably go into the low-mid 50's.It took it about 10cm below the surface, didn't know it was hooked until it broke the water. Then in one massive woosh of it's tail it popped the blood Knot :s :pinch: :c :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:It would have been my first lure caught callop out of a river, that happened at around 2 and I am still feeling the insignifigant little pop in the line.I got 4 solid 1-2.5kg carp on my light little outfit in that hour, all on corn. It was ok just for an hour sesh, but :c that knot!

Went for a flick off Grange jetty tonight, just before 9pm light breeze. Soon as baits hit the water the Tommies were on. Went fish a cast for half an hour or so, managed 19 in a couple of hours, would've got more if not for the double hook rig, too many tangles. Some good eating size and most great bait size.

Hey people's ' date=' went on a charter this morning to cape Jervis with Flureiu charters . Skipper Gary Lloyd did an awesome job in average conditions , finding fish on every drop . Total catch 7 big snapper 21 smaller ones ( bag limit for the boat )got 1 in the weber as we speak ! Must recommend Gary , one of the better ones by far[/quote']Great to hear mate!Awesome that you had a ripper time. I went out with them aswell and yep they are great and always put you on the fish.My adventure is here: http://www.strikehook.com/forum/44-fleurieu-peninsula/240066-cape-jervis-mixed-bag-and-an-amazing-capture-grab-a-coffee-if-neededNice work! TT
What section of the lake you fishing? I usually fish around the Buffalo' date=' but it has been awhile.[/quote']Hey mate I usually fish the lock gates at the marina end and the pontoons round the other side. The fish that did me was on the seaward side of the lock gates next to a pylon.Cheers TT

My parents are visiting at the moment and were keen for some seafood. I don't like fishing during holidays and the last few days reminded me why.Sunday hit up Goolwa. Carpark was full to overflowing with cars lined up on both sides of the road a good 50m away. Got 400 cockles between 3 people but took around 2 hours.Went to Sugars and was met by over 30 boats, 50 4 wheel drives on the other side and at least 50 people fishing from shore. It was difficult fishing in such crowds and I had 3 boats within casting distance. Every 10min, another boat would go past. Managed 1 bream and 17 mullet.Yesterday went to Wallaroo with my dad to get some Crabs. Fished 4 hours over the low tide in the middle of the day off the jetty and managed 14. Plenty of undersized ones with around 10 undersized to 1 keeper. Also caught a dozen tommies and 2 leatherjacket.Today hit up a local beach. Struggled to get a park. Caught 3 squid and 10 YFW.