THE QUICK TRIP REPORT THREAD... (post away)

Have been catching some good bream over the past few days in the port on plastics. Had to tell off an old oriental bloke for trying to keep a 10cm bream. Walked over and asked him about it he said " sorry no english". Bugger that, a few stern words and he tossed the fish back( it swam away). Called fishwatch on him but didn't get a call back.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Managed to knock up a feed today with moggy &hsv Hsv hooked a gar which then got swallowed by a bronzie which then in a calamity of errors was lost boat side due to a recently purchased ego 2 slid

Drove past the water yesterday whilst at work and thought golly, looks good so as soon as i got home hooked the boat up, sorted the rods and the missus and away we went. Launched and went maybe 1km fr

had a great weekend throwing lures at mullys saturday morning i got this fella at the onkAnd heres one of the many on plastics today down the coorong

Posted Images

Went fishing at the onk today behind the footy club and pulled in a few average size bream. One thing that worried me was whilst I was behind the footy club I came across about 5-6 dead mullet laying on the bottom upside down and saw one slowly die splashing around upside down. All of them had no bites or damage and were quite large, they weren't any small fish thats for sure. Wish I got a photo but phones had it, not to sure whats going on...

Got out today... :pinch: Woke up this morning and was in the mood to throw some lures around... so before i could get distracted or loose motivation, had a shower tied some new leaders on and off i went. Headed down the the usual spot in the port at Moonta Rd.. got a couple of ST's on an Atomic Hardz then it wen't quiet so changed over to a Squidgy Flick Bait and it was an ST a cast untill one cast the bow in the line from the wind when casting caused the line to get caught up on the fence and yeeeeep TWANG! So after that i tied a new leader in and jumped in the car to find another spot out of the wind. Couple more St's here and the smallest Bream i have ever caught :laugh: Stayed there for abit then went for a recky run around Pelican point for a look. after all that typing... not really much to report, but it was good to get out and catch a few fish. Good to see i still have the technique for the artificial's down pat. B)Posted Image

Went out on Tuesday night with my mate Will and a workmate and got 36 squid in 2 hours :woohoo: . we were pulling into the ramp just as the sun disappeared, timed it pretty well. most of the squid were of a reasonable size with a few "Mt. Youngies" (that is what my mate and i call XOS squid after last winter when every time we fished around Mt Young we got enormous squid, and lots of them) ;)

Headed down to Rapid Bay Jetty this morning right on sunrise to try for that elusive land based King.Beautiful day, but only managed interest from an angry cuttlefish that grabbed a texas rigged zerek shrimp.Thought the oldies down the end would love it, so off it went to be in some sort of Italian or Greek dish.Tried various plastics and a lot of casts with a 45gm waxwing.Stopped at Second Valley for not much but found some very fishy looking water down the end of the point. Big deep hole.Lots of Yakkers about taking advantage of the perfect conditions.Came home happy, even though I lost the waxwing after my lefty's loop knot let go. :pinch: And am very pleased with how the FG knot (I've learnt over the last couple of weekends) casts great.

After a late night :d/ mate helped pack the boat few hours sleepLauched at dawn at cape jarvis tried trawling for tuna only large salmonsnapper everywhere easy bag of ruggers from 4 differant areas including few km out from rampGot 3 large up to 74cmprefered pages area as further away from all the DEAD FISH in our gulf :blink:didn't drop the anchor all dayGot a good mixed bag with lots of other deep reef dwellersBack home 4 pm after a briliant days fishing

Been fishing Hindmarsh Island/goolwa over easter. Yesterday I fished two hours for 3 carp' date=' thing was they were 72, 73 and 75cm! :woohoo:Today I fished around 5 hours in two stints for 16 carp, most small around 40cm. Got 1 50cm and and 68cm as the last fish of the day.[/quote']Man, I've been crazy unlucky down there :laugh: Went xmas, Mrs got 5 mulloway small. I didn't get 1 carp Went long weekend and got no mullies no carp :( di'd get a bream and nearly hit by a mad tinny while wading.Went easter and did it ALL wrong... Got 1 mully while everyone else got 100 lol, but yeah spent heaps of time in the fresh trying for these big carp and got ZERO still :laugh::( Well done man I'll need to hit you up for carping tips if I make it back down there ;)
Been fishing Hindmarsh Island/goolwa over easter. Yesterday I fished two hours for 3 carp' date=' thing was they were 72' date=' 73 and 75cm! :woohoo:Today I fished around 5 hours in two stints for 16 carp, most small around 40cm. Got 1 50cm and and 68cm as the last fish of the day.[/quote'']Man, I've been crazy unlucky down there :laugh: Went xmas, Mrs got 5 mulloway small. I didn't get 1 carp Went long weekend and got no mullies no carp :( di'd get a bream and nearly hit by a mad tinny while wading.Went easter and did it ALL wrong... Got 1 mully while everyone else got 100 lol, but yeah spent heaps of time in the fresh trying for these big carp and got ZERO still :laugh::( Well done man I'll need to hit you up for carping tips if I make it back down there ;)
:whistle: :whistle: Posted Image

Finally got out for a fish today! It's been over a month since I last wet a line. Dropped the missus at Uni at 9am and headed straight to West Lakes. No luck there but tonnes of small bream and gar swimming around and a school of huge mullet. Moved to Outer Harbour and spent the rest of the day having fun with trouties, ranging from well under size to 23 - 24cm. All went back in the drink to grow up big and strong. I got one good run on a larger trout that looked to me to be about 30cm, but he spat the hook in the shallows directly between my feet. Was a good fight and I was gonna let him go anyway, so no harm done. B)

The fishing around St Kilda has been pretty woeful recently so I thought I'd give Wallaroo a try last Sunday. I took my son & daughter along and we went out to the Tyre Reef to try for snapper and/or whiting. Between 10:30am & 1:30 pm we got absolutely zilch, not even a bite!We were then going to try plan B & move to another location but the seas were getting very choppy and building quickly. So it had to be plan C instead, head inshore to more sheltered waters and put the crab nets out. This was a good idea in theory but within a few short minutes we were being smashed by one to two meter waves, some were coming over the side of the boat. I was thrown from my seat twice and all of us were absolutely drenched. The seas were still really high inshore so there was no other option than to head back in through the breakwater.To be honest, I was glad to get back without having to swim. Luckily the only damage to the boat was the swivel bolts on the drivers seat sheared off. That's a repair job for next weekend. From this experience I have two questions. (1) Why was the ocean forecast so wrong (again). And; (2) Where have all the fish gone?

Headed out yesterday for a fish. Left WB around 11am, nice and calm conditions. Found a likely spot so just drifted for a while. Pulled in some decent squid. Dropped the burley bucket in and bought a large school of tommies around so dropped anchor and commenced catching lovely eating sized tommies along with plenty of sprats for bait.About half an hour later hooked up to my first gar, under size so back in it went, but after that it was all systems go, with some large red bill thrown into the mix.Had a whiting rod down too, just incase one cruised past, none did, but landed 4 XL leatheries that also found there way into the esky.Ended up with 37 gar, 20ish tommies, a dozen squid and the LJs to finish off the day. Winds picked right up around 4, then calmed off for 20 then picked right up and again and kept building from then on with 3 of the windmills at the wash bays going flatout.

Spur of the moment trip today out of Cape Jervis.A nice feed of whiting was what we were after.Our regular spot produced 6 chunky whiting all just under 40.When the tide started to fly along the fish dropped off.Picked up 10 or so Tommies for snapper bait and a couple of nice sized squid.Good to come with at least a couple of meals.

Hi all,Ventured out with a mate last night, left west Bch at 4.15 pm and headed north. Managed 19 whiting and a few squid before the sun dropped.Back towards west beach after dark, sea glassed off beautifully , managed a few more squid and 3 ruggers before calling it a night at 10 pm.Action was steady all night. Also managed a double hookup on what I thought was going to be two ruggers but ended up being two fat drummer.... One on squid and one on pilchard. Weird.They both went back as did a lone cuttly . Almost forgot to mention I got the king kong of squid on my snapper rig and hook another from the 'arse', yes that's right, hook was through the very apex of the mantle. Looked like I was live baiting for kingies.A nice mixed bag .

Headed of to Blanchetown this morning with the club. :rain::rain::rain::rain::rain::rain::rain: All day!!We managed to catch a few carp, nothing over 3kg. Nothing special in regard to natives, except i caught someones old rig; a 5 ounce sinker with 2 x 3/0 on a wire trace and about 3 yards of 80lb braid. Some might think this was a little odd, i know i do.

Guest macstyles

G'day everyone. I did tat wayne smith snapper course a year ago and its paying off in aces!! always manage to catch plenty of snapper everytime i go fishing.Went out wed night locally off Brighton and bagged out on snapper. So good to see in big numbers still ,hence the change of seasons. Me and my mate caught over 30 fish with a heap of undersized ones. Managed 10 ruggers around 50cm each and two fish of 65cm. Both of us were very happy fisherman, since its our best effort yet. Gee, these fish fight hard for their size.

Guest macstyles

Structure is only generally important during the day when the fish are ( at home ). At night they're wide spread looking for a feed and generally have left their structure. Simple really when you think about it. Anyone can berley up for snapper but many do it incorrectly, me included!!! and thus reduce their chances. ( VERY IMPORTANT ). Think of what the snapper feed on and you can fish anywhere for them. Eg, crabs, scallops, mussels etc.

Went down to the Pat before my game of soccer this morning looking for a few bream and some ST's. The ST's were around and attacked my plastic every cast. Only caught a few but later in the morning I did have a few casts around the pylons for some resident bream. My first cast rebounded off a pylon and barely touched the waters surface before a nice 31cm bream sucked in my Z-man grub and took off. It gave a good fight, better than the ST's so I was happy. Not much action after about 10am so I left.31cmBreamonZ-manGrub1.JPG31cmBreamonZ-manGrub2.JPG