Fishing Kangaroo Island

Hi All, I am heading to KI the second week of Decemeber and staying at Dutton Beach cottage, between Stokes Bay and Snellings Beaches. The group going are keen to have a fish - off the rocks, beach, boat and estuaries - also looking to grab a feed of Yabbies, Marron and maybe some Crays. Can anyone give me some ideas of locations, species and best baits and lures? Cheers

Hey mate,Great time to choose to go fishing on KI, your have heaps of options at hand. There will be big whiting around at that time in good numbers and you can catch them by Drifting on the broken bottoms with cockles. You will pick up a lot of Flathead doing this as well. There are snapper out deeper but you will need to sound around a lot to try and find them balling up above the bottom. Nannygai are close to the cliff edges anywhere along the north coast. You should be able to see them under your boat and catch them using squid baits. You can catch the odd whiting off of the rocks if you can cast out to the sand. Trevally will also be here. Just a few tips there hope you have some success. Check out this as well: http://www.strikehook.com/forum/22-saltwater-fishing/232298-marron-fishing#232330If you really want to have some fun then book a charter will Gavin solly of kangaroo island fishing adventures. I can Garuntee that you will not come back empty handed and you will have an awesome time. Cheers.