Where do you buy your gear from?

Okay here goes.If you want the best prices in Australia on Rods n Reels you either go R&A's or MoTackle.R&S's IMO is better for online purchasing, as I find they almost always have everything in stock where Mo's often runs out, and then tries to replace what you've ordered with a similar product. Which is often not good enough.I must say though that R&A's have always looked after me. Yes Bruce can be a bit of a dick, but hey he's providing super cheap tackle for every tom dick or harry in SA.There in store service does leave a little to be desired, but hey Im pretty sure I know enough about fishing now to not be shooting the breeze about whats biting and where. after all thats what this forum is for. So I purchase all of my rods and reels from here mainly because I like to feel the gear before purchasing. They also have the best in store range of High end gear in SA.Bait I buy from Danglers choice and Scotty does look after me well.I have only been an seen WB once at Danglers but of course he was extremely helpfull and professional showing me to my wanted items on the rack, so I must visit him again a heap more times during the snapper season as there price on TT jig heads is unbelievable and its too hard to travel to R&A's just for stuff like this.I do buy some Berkley Plastics that are only available in the US from Ebay, but they end up costing a lot. But sometimes it can really be worth it. ie the last lot of powerworms I brought.

Okay here goes.If you want the best prices in Australia on Rods n Reels you either go R&A's or MoTackle.R&S's IMO is better for online purchasing' date=' as I find they almost always have everything in stock where Mo's often runs out, and then tries to replace what you've ordered with a similar product. Which is often not good enough.I must say though that R&A's have always looked after me. Yes Bruce can be a bit of a dick, but hey he's providing super cheap tackle for every tom dick or harry in SA.There in store service does leave a little to be desired, but hey Im pretty sure I know enough about fishing now to not be shooting the breeze about whats biting and where. after all thats what this forum is for. So I purchase all of my rods and reels from here mainly because I like to feel the gear before purchasing. They also have the best in store range of High end gear in SA.Bait I buy from Danglers choice and Scotty does look after me well.I have only been an seen WB once at Danglers but of course he was extremely helpfull and professional showing me to my wanted items on the rack, so I must visit him again a heap more times during the snapper season as there price on TT jig heads is unbelievable and its too hard to travel to R&A's just for stuff like this.I do buy some Berkley Plastics that are only available in the US from Ebay, but they end up costing a lot. But sometimes it can really be worth it. ie the last lot of powerworms I brought.[/quote']have you been hiding under a rock Brett? WaterBoy hasnt worked at that place for over 6 months LOL ;):P
Okay here goes.Yes Bruce can be a bit of a dick' date=' but hey he's providing super cheap tackle for every tom dick or harry in SA.There in store service does leave a little to be desired[/quote']I'm really surprised to read comments like these throughout the whole thread. Everyone's entitled to an opinion before this turns into some sort of flame war but I find their service absolutely great.Bruce and Shane especially are not only knowledgable but imo also top blokes who know their products extremely well and willing to give honest advice even when it means buying a cheaper product in my experience.Some of the other stores mentioned won't get my business because I find their service somewhat wanting and in one particular case the sales guys seem to treat you (or me in this case) with disdain at the thought of getting out of their chairs and putting their conversation on hold for 2 minutes to allow me to give them my money. Never experienced this sort of service from R & A's. Even the service is better than some at the overly expensive TW on Port Rd.For the record, I have no commercial connection with R & A's.

Living in the hills I have limited options for my tackle stores...Camping World/Compleat Angler in Mount Barker has always got my business in the past, but it is a small store with a limited rangeI personally like BCF, and will usually go to either the Gepps Cross Store, or the Richmond store if I have the time. Always had great service when I have needed it, and on the odd occasion I have been looking for advice or a recommendation, the staff have been able to help me.Now that there is a BCF in Mount Barker, most of my tackle purchases will be made there I reckonOnly thing I go elsewhere for is Soft Plastics and Jig Heads.......K Mart is a fair bit cheaper for those things than any other tackle store I have been in!

Ebay gets most of my money as its a hell of a lot easier finding what you want than having to drive all over town & no local tackle shop exept R&A's comes close to price. Locally Ray & Annes purely for the range & fairly good pricing + stock a lot of JDM stuff that no others in town have.

Comleate Angler Wallaroo & Moonta get my hard earnedyou walk in the shop and are always greeted by friendly staff. Their staff are all fisherpeople, have great product knowledge, great area knowledge and are across all types of fishingand no I don't work there nor am I affiliated with them in any way, They are my local, I get good advice, their well stocked and their prices are very good, that is why I give them a good plug and don't hesitate to recommend them to anyoneI still look at other places (addict) but they need to have what I want need at a bloody good price before I would even consider buying elsewhereYorky

Comleate Angler Wallaroo & Moonta get my hard earnedyou walk in the shop and are always greeted by friendly staff. Their staff are all fisherpeople' date=' have great product knowledge, great area knowledge and are across all types of fishingYorky[/quote']couldn't agree more B)I can't fathom why people go on about R%A so much, yeh i've got things online but their in store service is terrible, i dont mean to offend anyone its just my personal experience. Dunno if its cause Im in a wheelchair or what but if im waving wads of cash to burn I expect decent service. Sorry but that place I avoid like the plague. Wost experience was a pre-charter info night we had few years back, wont divulge details as it wouldn't be fair to members here but that was the last straw.. If it wasnt for UHF helping me out that night I would of simply left not giving them a cent (cheers mate btw) B)

Ever since I started investing in decent gear I have purchased all of my rods and reels at Ray and Annes. I buy a lot of lures from there too but I live on the other side of town so I buy small things at closer places when I don't have much time. The majority of my gear is purchased at Ray and Annes though. I appreciate Bruce's honesty and straight shooting when it comes to gear. Obviously not everyone has had positive experiences but I'll continue to support Brucey's shopCheersTom