Shark capture - Media beat up Reloaded

I dont target sharks nor do I have anything against shark fishing. But i'd LOVE to know how much time and money (probably tax payers money) has gone in this whole 'investigation'.This whole shark fishing between certain hours is utter BS.These pathetic 'do gooders' need to go get a hobby and stop ruining other people's hobby and past times.The guy is not a criminal, do some real investating and catch these mongrels that are beeting people in their own homes, steeling cars etc etc.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't really want to start a 'war' by posting either but I've gotta put my opinion on the table on this topic as well.I understand the community concerns that it can be perceived as dangerous but I'

negrukyThis is a grey area at the moment and, by inference, subject to enforcement discretion depending on whether they think you are full of BS or not.And it is exactly why Item #2 of Restriction Hou

This is where the politically driven decisions of PIRSA`s masters will come back to haunt them.A brilliant manifestation of political knee-jerk stupid rule outcomes generating, ahem, unintended conseq

Posted Images

Well, I guess this it is now official: The bloke that caught the Shark supposedly off Somerton has been fined. And it looks like PIRSA are now considering fining the other fellas that were fishing with him.http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/angler-who-caught-bronze-whaler-at-somerton-park-first-to-be-fined-under-new-state-government-laws/story-e6frea83-1226512197818

• 2 weeks later...
A spokeswoman for Fisheries Minister Gail Gago the second man was "believed to have been illegally fishing for sharks at the same time and location and associated with the offender".http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/man-cautioned-for-illegal-shark-fishing-at-somerton-park/story-e6frea83-1226520316642So, both "illegally fishing" but one gets fined, the other cautioned?More information required there... :dry:

They wouldn't have had evidence on the other guy seeing as there isn't a photo of him using the illegal gear along with a shark beside him, cant fine him if you cant prove he was, guess the only way they could fine the first bloke was because theres a blatant photo of him with wire.... but if you play your cards right you could have still talked your way out of it.

I dont know if, and cant say for sure either way whether this person broke the rules or not, but I am aware that many recreational anglers have tried to report recreational fishers for doing the wrong things, taken photos etc, only to be told that it wont stand up in court. They were also told they wouldnt use said photos etc as they have to catch them in the act. Now unless this person admitted to the charges as stated, or was caught in the act by PIRSA, how was he charged with said offence, as the case against him is hear say and private photo evidence. I believe that this was trial by media and conviction by fear. PIRSA put themselves in this position with a stupid kneejerk reactionary law, and because of the media hype had to act, whether it was right or not?. As has been stated, if he used a monofilament line and a hook within the specifications, then no law broken, therefore no charge. These are my thoughts on the matter only, and if indeed he did break the law, he as far as I know still had to be caught in the act. Although this governemnet are good at changing the goal posts as needed.regards snapdragin