I know peoples secret spots are exactly that, a secret. but if you could give me a general idea of where to go for some good fresh water fishing, what to target and how to catch them? I would really appreciated it. like what is the best fresh water fish? where will I find that? how will I catch them? or if there is any links people could post so I could read up for myself, I would appreciate it.thanks :boot:

joining safwaa is a great idea but if you're after a feed they are catch and release only as far as I am aware. Perhaps not for Redfin though, being that they're a pest.K2L, one of your best bets is going to be heading to a few private properties, knocking on the owners door and asking very nicely if they would mind if you had a fish in their streams, dams etc. This is how you'll access the some of the best areas (as most of them are privately owned).A friend and I used to drop letters into peoples mail boxes when we wanted to hunt on their property explaining who we were, what we wanted to do and assuring that we were environmentally conscious and would leave their properties in better condition than we found it. Usually we'd get a phone call and permission within a day or two.

joining safwaa is a great idea but if you're after a feed they are catch and release only as far as I am aware. Perhaps not for Redfin though' date=' being that they're a pest.K2L, one of your best bets is going to be heading to a few private properties, knocking on the owners door and asking very nicely if they would mind if you had a fish in their streams, dams etc. This is how you'll access the some of the best areas (as most of them are privately owned).A friend and I used to drop letters into peoples mail boxes when we wanted to hunt on their property explaining who we were, what we wanted to do and assuring that we were environmentally conscious and would leave their properties in better condition than we found it. Usually we'd get a phone call and permission within a day or two.[/quote']only way to do it :)nearmap is your best friend to :)