Massive School of XXL salmon on SA's Far West Coast

hi check out this school of monster salmon taking shelter in one of the Coombra Lagoons @ Yalata on South Oz's Far West Coast. not feeding & very fussy we still managed few fish from this school(plus a tailor). some of the salmon landed close to 5kg, some larger not landed enjoy cheers BigAshhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S73U52L3oq8

Bloke at work reckons his mate landed a nine kg salmon somewhere far west. We are doubting with no photo evidence. But now I this perhaps it could b true.

Record Australian record 9.4kg.

That fish grego would be pushing the biggest even known landed salmon.One flat summer's evening at Browns Beach back in the early 90's I landed one at just over 6kgs. I was 15 years old at the time and it gave me an awesome fight.TB

SA Angler Magazine had a feature on "Monster Catchers" a while back and Craig Siviour caught a salmon believed to weigh around 20 pounds at Greenly Island on a cockle believe it or not.It wasn't actually weighed on board the boat but all the crew on board agreed it was at least 20lbs. And he went on to say that there were half a dozen more 'rats' of between 14 and 18lbs.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...