Freezer &@#$!* Bags!!

I just took some gummy fillets out of the fridge after defrosting and they leaked all over the floor.I must be the biggest idiot around because they always do. Why would you market and sell a freezer bag that can be penetrated by ice crystals? I'm tired of double/triple bagging everything. Its not like they are in the 4WD and grinding against other stuff.

Vacuum sealing fish is the best way to go. It also helps to keep bait frozen for longer if you are doing a long trip as it takes all the air out and only takes a minimal amount of ice and locks in any smell.

I'm hearing ya. I vac sealed all my small snapper and even the fillets from a 25lb'er. Really god plus the thicker plastic prevents freezer burn. But a few whiting fillets etc. Too much hassle.
  • 4 weeks later...

love my vac sealer!i will be selling between 4 and 6 x6m rolls of vacuum bags soon.. 10$ a roll.. if anyones keen. i too hated freezing fish for periods of time. now get a safe 6-9months instead of 3 months!and great for freezing bait no smells!!!!

Hey Del, are they to suit the standard vac sealers. I have the one that was recommended by a few guys on another thread here.

URL removed upon request of url's webmaster

I've never bought 'em so is that a fair price. I'd be keen.

Edited by bjorn2fish
URL removed upon request of url's webmaster

ive got the maxkon as well. they fit it fine. im awaiting a delivery of bags. and have orderd too many (oops) so thought id pass a few rolls on around here knowing a few people have these machines. I paid $18 for a roll of bags at Giganis brothers yesterday.. as mine havnt arrived yet.

• 1 month later...