Disgusting !!!!!!!!!!!

That's pretty disappointing to hear :angry: When I was at Port Vincent in August I noticed a whole lot of Snapper heads/frames laying at the bottom of the shallow water adjacent to the pub. They were quite obviously young/juvenile and definitely not legal size. Made me pretty cross. :angry: I also get cranky when I see these sort of things. I see it happen ALL TOO OFTEN being a land-based fisherwoman :boot: particularly with crabs. I always carry a couple of extra crab measures with me and let people know if they are doing the wrong thing. Sometimes it can be intimidating though, a lot of fisherMEN are very....chauvenistic dinosaurs who still see fishing as a man's sport and don't enjoy a woman questioning them (BITE ME). It's a shame. It's people like that who ruin it for everyone.I have on more than one occasion given Fishwatch a ring because of the number of tiny crabs (or berry-carrying females) I have seen being kept and unfortunately, while they are happy that I called them, they were not able to send anyone out. Understaffed volunteer-wise. Every time I catch a fish I end up second guessing myself. Went through the "is it a juvenile salmon or a tommy" phase a while back. Thank goodness for the yellow decoration....

That's pretty disappointing to hear :angry: When I was at Port Vincent in August I noticed a whole lot of Snapper heads/frames laying at the bottom of the shallow water adjacent to the pub. They were quite obviously young/juvenile and definitely not legal size. Made me pretty cross. :angry: I also get cranky when I see these sort of things. I see it happen ALL TOO OFTEN being a land-based fisherwoman :boot: particularly with crabs. I always carry a couple of extra crab measures with me and let people know if they are doing the wrong thing. Sometimes it can be intimidating though' date=' a lot of fisherMEN are very....chauvenistic dinosaurs who still see fishing as a man's sport and don't enjoy a woman questioning them (BITE ME). It's a shame. It's people like that who ruin it for everyone.I have on more than one occasion given Fishwatch a ring because of the number of tiny crabs (or berry-carrying females) I have seen being kept and unfortunately, while they are happy that I called them, they were not able to send anyone out. Understaffed volunteer-wise. Every time I catch a fish I end up second guessing myself. Went through the "is it a juvenile salmon or a tommy" phase a while back. Thank goodness for the yellow decoration....[/quote']Great work Caterpillar, fishing is an evolving sport in that more and more women are taking it up and some are moving to the top and giving us blokes a serious run for our money. People like Shimano's Chloe Taylor is now getting pics and stories in Magazines and is starring on ET'S fishing adventures and Steve Starlings wife is getting more and more good shots published to magazines.My point is - Most serious ANGLERS are ready for women to be at the forefront of our sport as we know its vital for politicians to listen to us and also women deserve every chance to fish and enjoy the outdoors like we do.Its such a great past time.Im glad you are enforcing the laws too, thats also a massive plus!

Good post caterpiller ,the dinosors are extinct and as times change so will attitudes ,i think its great to have the female gender involved in this activity ,my sister was a early fisherwoman when she was with an avid fisherman ,i had to struggle to get my rods back when i got out of the army from her ,some people just wont listen when you tell them that they are doing wrong they just dont care as most are 2 x a year fishermen ,why you would want to keep a female crab with roe is beyond me keep up the good work stay safe.

It's all those darn Mexicans from over the border. Us South Aussies wouldn't dare dream of doing the wrong thing...where's the damn "tongue in cheek smilie"

:clap: I think that this one :P would suffice @ Crispy- it's funny, in all my relationships I have always been the one keen on fishing. Funny but every time we would go to the jetty, people would just assume I was the poor missus being dragged along when in actual fact I was the one who had to do the dragging...(and the knots, baiting, etc, etc).... such is life :D

I personally don't like women/girls fishing to be honest!Because 9/10 they will kick your butt! :laugh: Just ask my sister the Squid Queen!Nope the more females and especially female fishing media personalities the better.Go the chicks!As UHF said heaps out there now.Peta Walker, Chloe Taylor, Jo Starling, even Christy Worsteling hahah.IMO the more fishing the better no matter what age, gender etc. TT