2/12 Rough As Guts Snapper

Was met at the ramp at 5:30 am by my mate and 6 or so other boats parked up in the rigging area.Both my mates and my boats could be best described as "Estuary" type boats and with a reasonable chop your gonna get wet.After initially wanting to bail I decided to push out but vowed if I got 1 wave over the bow of my boat I was turning around.What would normally be about a 10min run took about 30min but I took it real easy.The minn Kota was deployed and "Spot Lock" engaged and we were away.The boat handled the swell/chop well considering.After making a few Jighead weight adjustments I had a good snapper on board measuring 76•5 cm and weighing 5kg.With that it was a slow cruise in and homeski.[attachment]image.jpg[/attachment]

Hard to say but In those conditions ie. 20/25kph wind and strong current it was doing well.The remote has a scale of 1 to 10 for power output and it was sitting around 3 1/2.So not that hard......and I didn't move off the mark the whole time.The MinnKota has a "Maximiser" which means its really efficient.I run 2 batteries for my electric so I'm pretty safe power wise.

Thanks for the report mate. Since my boats even smaller and less capable out there, im really hoping to head out ti some (im guessing) similar grounds shortly. I do hate when I can't really plane though, and just kinda motor around in the chop getting wet :laugh: All worth it though if them Snapps are about for you mate :woohoo:I will make a break for it again shortly... Not that far, but far enough for me lol, so keep up yer killa tales cos it helps with my motivation to try replicate it :) Cheers mate

Hey Protactic' date=' did you launch from WB?Was that you in the colourful bream boat heading out with your mate in the not so colourful bream boat?[/quote']Hahaha.... Yeah mate.
Hahaha alot of us were saying that you guys were nuts lol.you had no shelter, open boat and with rough seas, we thought you were gonna have a nice salty shower on the way out. hahaBut i have to admit, watching you boys head out, the boats handled the chop pretty well.How was it out there at anchor?

Yeah it wasn't to bad to be honest.Ive got an electric motor on the boat with a function called "Spot Lock" so I put the leccy down go back to my seat( it has a remote) and watch my mark then press the Anchor button.It works off an internal GPS and will hold me there all day.In saying that though I looked over to another boat 40 odd metres away and every now and then you saw just there torso's the chop was that big.I thought the blokes back at the ramp would of thought we were a bit loose in the brain box.It was good to see what the boat could handle though and I think that was the limit..... Lol

• 2 weeks later...