They are all over the place crispy,its always just been one of those things that people dont go around advertising.I"d poke my neck out and say we have one of the best populations of them ,but here in SA the goolwa cockle has ruled the roost since the year dot and been the go to bait and so readily available and successful that clickers have never really got a mention or look in.,never been a need ,it use to be just go down the baitshop and grab a pint of cockles,or a pack of tubies.[but an awesome bait went barely talked about or sought]Only the dedicated and extra keen would scab around and get their own bait, hence i reckon bait pumps have never really been a top seller here.cheers B)

Well i tell ya i never even thought they would be down here' date='they are a regular bait in f.n.q for a variety of fish and really easy to get at low tide on the mud flats ,well you learn something new every day better check that bait pump ,probably rotted away .[/quote']Here ya go crispy for all those rotted out parts :)http://www.wilsonfishing.com.au/_products/Bait+Pumps+++Parts/Bait+Pump+Spare+Parts-235.aspxCheers 4THA

Saw someone pumping at Seacliff beach the other day.

In there car or on the sand :blush::blush::laugh::laugh::laugh: Sorry couldn't help myself Cheers 4THA
lol rock up in the carpark for a session' date='nothing wrong with an early morning pump! :laugh::laugh: :laugh:Better add a pic to put some sanity back lol. B) If you look at the bottom centre of the pic theres a little brown yabby looking one,a different species i think but they are dynamite, if you are using 2 hooks one with a pink one and one with them they smash that brownie one every time.[img']http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c97/scummm/100_1542Large.jpg[/img]
I have had a bait pump in my shed for 16 years as i didnt even think they had them here ' date='i used to pump these things when i was up in townsville on the flats .[/quote']Funny about that Crispy, I too have one in my shed... been sitting dormant for years...Used to pump them all the time out of the Shoalhaven River mud flats....
I have had a bait pump in my shed for 16 years as i didnt even think they had them here ' date='i used to pump these things when i was up in townsville on the flats .[/quote']Funny about that Crispy' date=' I too have one in my shed... been sitting dormant for years...Used to pump them all the time out of the Shoalhaven River mud flats....[/quote']I think all you old fellas need to Get your gear out and start pumping again :P:P
  • 4 weeks later...
I havnt been able to pull a single one from my usual spot this year ' date=' can't work it out cos I've got them there for years[/quote']Only time I struggled was when I hadn't replaced the washers,it was still sucking in sand but I found a lot of the clickers back amongst the holes as there wasn't enough suction Quick trip to my mates at Compleat Angler and new washers put in and I was back into em Seems odd to not be getting them after previous success mateCheers 4THA

Not even any holes to pump . It's really strange .

You nth or south (I know your name is Aldingabeachfisho) just interested in location If I have stuggled to find holes before I just randomly pump and some times there's a layer of fresh sand covering them up and they soon appear again maybe give that a crack Cheers 4THA