Thialand’s Saltiga spin reel “copy�

I saw them in a store in Phucket earlier this year......I just laughed at it, and the proprietor got quite offended :ohmy: Bought some crap from him just to "smooth things over" as I was just in there looking anyway........spent about $30 AU which was a "weeks sales" for him :) Got 2 spools of PowerPro 30lb braid,300m, for $20 AU......still in the cupboard!...........the other 10 bux worth of crap,I just gave to 2 kid's looking in the shop window and dreaming..........hooks,floats,line etc......they thought all their Christmas's had come at once ;).......was great to see their smiles though,true thankfulness B)

the other 10 bux worth of crap' date='I just gave to 2 kid's looking in the shop window and dreaming..........hooks,floats,line etc......they thought all their Christmas's had come at once ;).......was great to see their smiles though,true thankfulness B)[/quote'] :clap::clap::clap: It's amazing how appreciative other nations are compared to some of our little darlings ! :whistle: I gave a few fish to some local kids while fishing a river mouth in Mauritius and some Sp's that seem to be doing the trick on the day and they were pumped. Great feeling to give for nothing in return.
  • 1 month later...

This reel is build for look a like Saltiga. The internal is not.Their internal is about par which build for fresh water heavy duty.http://www.siamfishing.com/content/view.php?nid=69475&cat=inside This reel introdue to Thailand market for use in fishing "Giant MaeKong Cat Fish", which in general 20-30 kg. of weight.Most user will have some modification/upgrade on drag washer (HT-100) for smoother drag on high pressure.The similar reel but use another name, there are some report on weak drag knob if apply too much pressure.http://www.siamfishing.com/content/view.php?nid=85282&cat=insideFor thier look and price this reel is nice to have, but dont expect too much for their internal.

hahaha Was having a laugh reading the threads on 360Tuna and a kiwi forum by some knob called Pierce a while back :laugh: Tuff Tackles "#1 fan". What ever happened to that lying douche bag Simon Ball? The websites gone and all.Same modus operandi as Canyon "Made in the USA NJ" :laugh: and same sales/misinfo/disinfo marketing methodology. Black Marlin reels haha. All Chinese OEM.Do the OEM suppliers hand out "How to" marketing packs when you order their crap?Tuff Tackle got banned from various forums like Ausfish etc and got a giggle reading a stoush or two with Alan Hawk.I feel sorry for the folks who got sucked in and paid full tote odds on these junk reels.Barbz, any update?

Be warned' date=' don't doubt the cavan brand publicly, you will end up with an inbox full of threats and accusations :lol:[/quote']*waits patiently for some random new members first post telling us how great these reels are and the rest are knock offs of them and they've got all upgraded internals and there is a conspiracy against these honest home grown little guys by the big manufacturers and they can't disclose any of the upgrades and..and..anddddddd :lol: *Don't forget the awesome 15 year warranty :laugh::laugh::laugh: