Light Tuna Outfit

Hey guys and gals i have done plenty of tuna fishing. but next BFT season down Pt MacDonnel i want to try fishing light as possible. i want to be using spin outfits flicking poppers, stick baits,and metals at busting fish. has any one done any of this what sort of outfit did you use or recommend. i am trying to keep it half cheap. i have been checking out saltist stt 4500H, or saragosa 5000 any thoughts on those reels or maybe something better. cheers to any answers :f

Tuna are fairly clean fighters the problem with going to light is no lifting powerI have used a 2000 diawa reel with a heavy bream rod to get 4 tuna 12kg :woohoo:think was around 6 pd line & leeder didn't drop a fishHad to drive the boat to lift each fish ave 30 mins eachDid a write up a few years ago with pics but can't find it Any good snapper size lure outfit will work a treatOther rod was a diawa 3500 dh custum & that was perfect All good until a 100kg monster destroys you :pinch:

cheers dutchy it wouldnt bother me losing to a 100kg fish if i had a decent go. all i am really worried about is the guts of the reel bearings, washers and gears lifting power i can change things around to fix but the reel is what i am looking for maybe i should just bite the bullet and spend the money and get a saltiga,stella in a 5000 range