Your Go-To Squid Jag.

I am in the market for a new (maybe a couple) of squid jags, after losing my faithful Red/White Yo-Zuri on the weekend :( almost 4yrs we had be together....But on one of it's final casts off the jetty at Pt Neill it did manage to hit a swollow flying past and kill it... karma maybe? :huh: So what are people using these days, so many options out there or do i just go back to the red/white again or spend $20 on a fancy jap jag or just buy the $2 cloth jobbie?

I've got a 3.0 Yozuri that's pink on top with sort of a multi-colour patchwork pattern on the bottom half that always catches. I also recently got a 3.0 Purple Yamashita live jag that has been working well. I don't think I've ever paid more than $15 for a jag, but decent ones are worth it imo, they sink much nicer and the hooks are better, most of my go to's are from the companies mentioned above.BTW, I think you can still get the red/white Yozuris in 3.5, they had them at R&A's not long ago.

I've got a 3.0 Yozuri that's pink on top with sort of a multi-colour patchwork pattern on the bottom half that always catches. I also recently got a 3.0 Purple Yamashita live jag that has been working well. I don't think I've ever paid more than $15 for a jag' date=' but decent ones are worth it imo, they sink much nicer and the hooks are better, most of my go to's are from the companies mentioned above.BTW, I think you can still get the red/white Yozuris in 3.5, they had them at R&A's not long ago.[/quote']from memory Compleat angler wallaroo and moonta have the red and white head ones to...

Yo-Zuri Auri-Q-Colour HS 3.0Yo-Zuri Premium Aurie-Q RS-Colour YSD 2.5These colours work for me without fail every time....... Sometimes individually and sometimes on rotation.

2 of the best available imo.Shimano Sephia 'white ghost' is also brilliant.http://www.fishingtackleshop.com.au/products/shimano-sephia-egixile-squid-jig.htmlColour 14T in above link.There's lots of colours and brands that do the job on different days in different conditions but those 3 always stay in my tackle box
I am in the market for a new (maybe a couple) of squid jags' date=' after losing my faithful Red/White Yo-Zuri on the weekend :( almost 4yrs we had be together....But on one of it's final casts off the jetty at Pt Neill it did manage to hit a swollow flying past and kill it... karma maybe? :huh: So what are people using these days, so many options out there or do i just go back to the red/white again or spend $20 on a fancy jap jag or just buy the $2 cloth jobbie?[/quote']R.I.P your Red/White Yozuri. I'd be getting another one ASAP, it is the king of squid jags!The King is dead! Long live the King! ;-)

Mine used to be a $1.95 3.0 blue/rainbow belly Jarvis walker...But lately it's been a 2.5 weird japanese/chinese thing that cost $15 in Big W. I put a 1g running sinker on it, works a charm! I'd give you the brand, but unfortunately the only English on the packet said, "Product in China", which I'd assume is a very poor translation of either 'made in', or 'product of'.