Snapper Sesh 30th of December

Was this up at Spencers GulfSome cracking fish there mate well done@@ :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
....at fleurieu pen....not too far from o'sullivans' boat ramp where we lunch..
:clap::clap::clap: Ah thats great mate' date=' have you caught them there before and is it over reef or man made structure? :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:[/quote'].....our first time to go there...the spot was given by a friend...i think it's a reef but not too clear in our fish finder...

That's a nice haul of fish you've caught... looking at the size of the fish it seems as though the average size of the bigger snapper has slowly been reducing year by year. The schools that once turned up at this time of year used to be mainly of 32 pound plus fish.. over the past few years I've fished out there when the big school comes through, the size has been diminishing from 30 pound down to 28 pound.... this year the fish appear to be even smaller. I think catching a 30 pound plus snapper these days is becoming even a rarer occurrence and to anyone lucky enough to pull it off... well done.Still, it's good to see the snapper schools still come through at this time of year as they always have done :)

Nice bag out but im a bit confussed :unsure: I cant seem to spot the 11kg red :dry: They all look around 8-9kg to me :P I went out that day to and we managed to land 5 around 6kg

our weighing scale could be wrong but however that's what it says when we weighed it...3 of those fish is full of eggs... i think one of it eggs alone is a kilo...the smallest size is 77cm and the biggest is 90cm...