Yellowfin Whiting South Metro

Howdy!I have recently moved down to Moana.. I have been fishing a fair bit of North Moana and High Tide and also the mouth at Southport but so far have had no luck with YFW... I have been fishing a running sinker rig most f the time on fairly light gear with bloodworms and cockles.. A million baby tommies/ST but no whiting as yet...Any tips would be brilliant!

Metro, yes makes a huge difference. I would rate bait as the most important factor in catching metro YFW. Fishing off the jetty side by side with someone using live worms and you will really struggle if you are not using the same. I have seen many whiting swim upto my bait and if it is not quite right on not fresh they will just turn away.Metro, I have caught a few whiting on frozen bloodworm. My best bag on freeze dried worms is only 15 fish. All by bagouts have been on live bungum, tube worms, bloodworms, or yabbies.On Yorkes I have done fine with frozen bloodworm.

Got to disagree with you here kelvin. I've tried most baits fresh, live and frozen with pretty much sweet FA difference in the end result on standard bread and butter species.Game fish, yesScavengers, never noticed a difference.The only thing which seems to make a difference is old bait, and the size of the bait.Digital,To be honest I've not caught YFW at moana or southport.I have caught them between Brighton and Kingston park, and also north of Henley and at aldinga.The biggest tip I'd give is to walk the beach and find the fish you want. Sometimes you'll need to walk a fair ways to find where they're hiding.

I have copied this from other site. List of shop that have pre-order this bait. Amazon Outdoors TotalAnglers Leisure World TotalAnglers Warehouse TotalBarra Jacks Tackleworld - Rockhampton TotalBelmore Fishing Tackle TotalBemm River Bait & Tackle TotalBeverly Hills Bait, Tackle & Sports TotalBluewater - Mindarie TotalBluewater - Morley TotalBluewater - Scarborough TotalBridge Motors TotalCanobolas Caravan & Marine Center TotalCompleat Angler - Kempsey TotalCompleat Angler - Melbourne TotalCompleat Angler - North Rocks TotalCompleat Angler - Ringwood TotalCompleat Angler - Villawood TotalCompleat Angler Narooma (Ocean Hut Narooma) TotalCompleat Angler Wallaroo (Copper Coast M & T) TotalEvans Head Sports & Marine TotalFergo's Tackle World - Taren Point TotalFergo's Tackle World - Wollongong TotalFreddy's Fishing World - Maitland TotalGabes Boating and Fishing - Narellan TotalGot One St Marys TotalGot One Stepney TotalHawks nest Sports store TotalHooked On Angling TotalLeisure Coast Bait & tackle TotalLoomzy's Fish n Fix TotalManning River Marine TotalMario's bait & Tackle TotalNarrabeen Bait & Tackle TotalNowra Marine TotalOcean Storm Fishing Tackle TotalPort Macquarie Tackle TotalRay & Anne's Tackle & Marine TotalRay Long Tackle TotalRockdale Sports & Fishing Tackle TotalSalisbury Dive and Tackle World TotalSanctuary Point Bait & Tackle TotalSouthport Fishing & Dive Centre TotalSport Fishing Scene TotalSpot On - Hastings TotalSpot On - Mount Gambier TotalSpot On - Port Lincoln TotalSpot On - Sportsfishing Whyalla TotalSt Helens Bait & Tackle TotalSuffolks Outdoor Sports TotalTackle World - Canberra TotalTackle World - Merimbula (Blue Water Sports) TotalTackle World - Moruya (Gone Fishing) TotalTackle World - Nowra (McCallum's Sports) TotalTackle World - Port Stephens TotalTackle World - Sandgate TotalTackle World Adelaide Metro TotalTamar Marine Pty Ltd TotalTonkins Sports Store TotalOr check with your nearest tackle shop.

Got to disagree with you here kelvin. I've tried most baits fresh' date=' live and frozen with pretty much sweet FA difference in the end result on standard bread and butter species.Game fish, yesScavengers, never noticed a difference.The only thing which seems to make a difference is old bait, and the size of the bait.Digital,To be honest I've not caught YFW at moana or southport.I have caught them between Brighton and Kingston park, and also north of Henley and at aldinga.The biggest tip I'd give is to walk the beach and find the fish you want. Sometimes you'll need to walk a fair ways to find where they're hiding.[/quote']Fair enough bricksI have never done well with cockle or preserved worm locally, but as soon as I have changed to live worm I start catching again.

Yea 100% agree with Damo and Kelvin.Your catch will improve out of sight with live worms metro. If there not live you are up against it - from my experience when i have been unable to source the good stuff and gone the frozen option it has been a light bucket to carry back to the car.metro YFW would have to be the most pickiest of fish when it comes to baits.