Beach Ettiquette

I was wondering what would be the perceived ettiquette by all in the sense of what distance one group of fishers should be from the next when fishing along the beach at Salties? I would think if there is plenty of beach available then 3 maybe 4 dunes or 150m-200m apart? I think this would be appropriate in case a sizable hookup is acheived.I'm just venting.... just because I experienced one person who thought 15m was was a good distance to flick lures onto a berley trail (my berley trail).

Unfortunately it happens,people have no idea.Good you posted it on an internet website Surf,as there is always a chance that the person in question or others like him may actually read this...if others like him or that imbicile are, heres the message..........its not the done thing.get it through your head that every fish in the ocean isnt swimming in the guy next to yours space....the reason your not catching anything is because youve got No Idea!

Nice to see I'm on the right track. Being a lover not a fighter, I only gave him a stern look from the camp and after 5 minutes he returned to his spot 200m up the beach which by the way was where the trouties and mullet were caught, by me, two days earlier. :) Tip.... not in the gutter but on the sandy flats close to shore! So it's official.... 100m - 200m for most and others the further the better. ;)

Definitely annoying. Had couple of guys' date=' when i was at Brighton Jetty the other morning, choose a spot 3 metres away from me and first cast, tangle their line over mine. I know it is only a small minority, though you would think some people would have common sense.[/quote']Nothing more frustrating than that. Learn how to cast accurately!!! It isn't hard. Especially from a jetty. Nothing worse then getting into a school of fish and watching them swim past while you are un-tangling a line from the nob head to your left who felt the only way to cast was at 45 degrees from where he was standing. :c :c :c enough said
Definitely annoying. Had couple of guys' date=' when i was at Brighton Jetty the other morning, choose a spot 3 metres away from me and first cast, tangle their line over mine. I know it is only a small minority, though you would think some people would have common sense.[/quote']I think common sense is a thing of the past. Not quite the same and dont want to hijack the post but sick to death of stink boats motoring past me in my boat somtime within 20. Tools!

It's good practice to give 100m or more, it is a big stretch of beach with plenty of good, relatively accessible gutters. However the beach can sometimes be almost full with all the productive looking water spoken for in which case I guess i could understand to some degree. After all everyone has a right to fish, and it isn't a short or inexpensive trip to salt creek, and some may only get the opportunity to get down there once a year. As far as fishing from a jetty it's just one of those unfortunate things I suppose, as this is where a lot of people learn to fish and therefore are rat shit at casting! There is nothing more frustrating than the tangles, but we all started somewhere. It is just part of fishing especially from a jetty. For this reason I try to stick clear of the jetty scene. My 2 bobs worth anyway :P Midcoast

not just other fisherpersons, a couple of weeks ago I went to Simms cove at 6:30am, was fishing for an hour 1/2 or so when down came some swimmers & started swimming alongside (10m) of where I was casting, this was where I had burleyed (only pellets) so I didn't want to move. pretty soon they were in front of me. when I called out & told them I had hooks out where they were they replied that I shouldn't be fishing where people were swimming. I pointed out that there was only me & them on the whole beach & as I was there first they could have chosen somewhere a little further away from me. got the response "fishermen think they own the beach"To say I was pissed off is an understatement, I was fit to explode. if they didn't have youngish kids with them I would have taught them some new words or possibly strode out to them, but I just steamed my way up to the car & went home. should have known better than to go fishing during the holidaysYorky

Someone walking along casting a lure I can handle - so long as they are smart enough not to interfere with my lines. Setting up with a rod holder would be a sensible distance - at least 100m or more - I would feel rude setting up any closer.@ Yorky - I reckon that is about the time I would start berleying like crazy - or let them know that you had hooks bitten off by a shark not long prior!