Walk the dog style lures??

I've mostly tried Popper type lures like zipbaits skinnypops70,bassday sugarpen70 and ecogear px45 and caught fish on all of them.You can walk the sugarpens and px's which also come in 55mm.Atomic make some good true walkers along with a few other brands and most are modelled on the luckcraft sammy or the zipbaits Fakie.The jackson t pivot is another favorite of many.The retrieves for whiting and bream are totally different though with whiting its an almost constant shaking retrieve with no pauses and bream need heaps of pauses a much slower retrieve and a very subtle approach,i also tend to pop more for whiting and slide and pause for bream cheers brenton

Quality for money i would go the atomic k9 walkers. Caught plenty of salmon and whiting on those lately.Bassday Sugapens are also good but you can get two atomics for every one bassday.

Thank you for the reply. What depth water do you need for whiting? Very shallow? And would the smaller 45mm size be better or should I get one at 60 and one at 45?Cheers

I've been using the 60s. I like the orangey colour, but a lot of the transperant ones have worked for me.Ive generally been targeting water around the 1ft, to max 2ft mark. Bit of trial and error based on the day, shallower seems to be better [not ridiculously shallow though].Also dont get me wrong. All of the lures listed by brenton work extremely well, ive got plenty of bassday, zipbait, imakatsu, megabass, etc... but atomics seem to work really well for the amount they cost.