Daiwa vs Shimano

i use daiwa exclusively and have done since i got my first series one 6hm millionaire way back in the early 80's which cauhht more big barra tuna trevally etc etc over fifteen years living in darwin and never let me down. since then i have used nothing else. i own two sol's three calida's and a red back now and thrash them constantly. ohby the way i still have the millionaire which is now my still my number one go to real when targeting big snapper on light line.....

I have owned some very nice Shimano and very nice Daiwa spin reels in my time.In my opinion the new TD Sol will be on a par with the sustain. But I think the sustain wins that on the looks department but its all personal taste. there wont be much difference in performance between the two but the SOL would be the more durable of the two.But if you step up to the certate, you are in another league again. I have personally witnessed some amazing captures on certates and there performance is faultless and they are possibley the smoothest reel on the market today.I am now a Shimano fan, but if there was one reel to turn me back it would be the new certates. they are f%^%%n unbelievable

I can't vouch for the sustain but i recently got the Symetre 2500 and it is the best reel ive ever used...p.s it can stop a big soapie in its tracks!

Got one myself. Fantastic reel and absolute value for money. Matched with Shimano Jewel 682 spin. Great combo.
Me too, got a new model 2500 and two of the previous model run, great reels for the money.I like both Daiwa and Shimano, both companies make some great reels and some that are not so great. For low to mid level spin reels I think that Shimano puts out the superior product. I have no personal experience with higher end spinning reels, but most people I talk to seem to prefer Daiwas.Rods are a different story, never liked Shimano rods, love Daiwa stuff.
Cheers lads' date=' Going to get a 2500 certate even though its another 200 more. I used one yesterday and it was one of the smoothest reels I have used.[/quote']You can get brand new Certate's from Japan for under $400 delivered ;) That's what I did.
Yeah thats mad as' date=' care to inform how to do so talbo?[/quote']
Look up PLAT Japan ;) they should have what you need :)