float tubes are an inflatable pontoon type seat you can sit in them and fish they have built in rod holder and pockets for storage of gear propulsion is by way of fins which attach to your feet much the same as divers use.they are used extensively in the usa mostly for freshwater fly fishing.i am hoping to adapt one for use in our shallow sheltered bays and estuaries chasing flathead tommies mullet gar whiting etc and perhaps in the murray.if anyone knows where i could purchase one here in australia the info would be much appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
http://video.google.com.au/videosearch?sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&rlz=1T4GGIK_enAU285AU287&q=float+tubes&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=7iC-SaGOMozXkAXfuKWzCA&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title#try this site for float tube fishingFound more info at this site has some great float tube fishing vidios good to watchTonyb there is some good redfinn footage here

Gidday davetheslave and welcome to strikehook,Mate i recon float tube fishing looks like loads of :icon_cool: fun except *in the murray you might need runners instead of finns :'(*in the rapids you might need a life jacket and helmet :police:*in the Northern Territory you would need to be crazy :icon_lol:*in tasmania you have to pee to keep warm ::)*in the ocean you would have to Blo**y stupid ??? :thumb: All that said * in the end you'd have to be a fisherman :angel: ;D ;) Go for it davetheslave and keep us posted Cheers peelipeeli 14

Gidday davetheslave and welcome to strikehook,Go for it davetheslave and keep us posted Cheers peelipeeli 14

I hear its almost impossible to type if your bitten in half by a white DEATH :icon_lol: :icon_lol:Don't worry davetheslave, I'm only winding you up, pity I can only allocate one KARMA for bravery in the face of extreme diversity ::) ::) ::)