Wilson MT8144 VS Wilson live fibre.

Live Fibre rods are constructed from carbon fibre,fibre-glass "strands" and resin.......light and strongMT8144 is "old school" 8 sheets of fibre-glass sheet,formed over a mandrel ( looks a bit like a steel 8 ball cue )8144 is a real stump-puller,very reliable and will handle "most abuse".........very heavy after a long session,and a bit like a broomstick in action compared to an equivalent length / rated Live Fibre.........nice rods.I have 3 MT8144 rods,and love'em..........one with a SpinFisher 9500SS,one a 651 Alvey and one running an ABU 10,000.....all spooled with 30lb mono..........all "old school" heavier type reels.In this day and age,with reels being lighter etc,perhaps your Live Fibre might be the go ;) As for which is better,well,that's a personal choice.........my 8144's are 20 years+ in age,and fishing time available to me,and funds don't really allow / warrant an upgrade :( ..........not that I would;if it ain't broke,don't fix it B)

I Agree with live fibre, the mt8144 is a great stick and i have had one for at least 6-7 years now and it has taken alot of abuse even from monster rays that wouldnt budge! I love it and if it ever breaks I wont hesitate to get a new one the same day B) I also have a wilson super graph 12 ft and i love this rod as well i have found i can get big baits out where i want them with some sort of control! As live fibre said my 8144 is matched to a penn 950 spinfisher ssm and personally i think being matched with "old school" heavier surf reels is the go with this one! whereas the super graph being lighter i have it matched at the moment to my thunnus 6000 until I Have enough cash to buy a lighter surf style reel, The point being the 8144 is heavier so having a heavyish reel on it doesnt matter whereas tha graph style rods if you put a heavy reel on it you are cancelling out one of the best attributes of that style rod which is its lightweight. Thats just my opinion and preference, many others will like using diffe3rent style combos and its just up to you to find over time your best/ most favoured surf combo.