Esky and ice life

My esky,( only a willow in 55ltr) only keeps the ice for a few hours, then it's all melted..I guess, 'you only get what you pay for' rings true here. Granted, I have a Tinny and the esky is in full sun but surely the ice should last longer? What do you guys think of the ' ice box' type of eskies? And what would you recommend in around 60 ltr capacity?

Yeah those Willow type eskies are crapHave a look at the Techniice range, They get a good wrap around the place and are fairly well pricedhttp://www.techniice.com/ice-box-categoriesI think SAFCOL also sell ice boxes and I've heard they are pretty good too, I bought an ice box from Supercrap Auto with a cushion on top and that has been good and it makes another handy seat in the tinny as well

10L water bladders from woolies are good.. if you got the freezer room.. solid ice bricks that can be used for drinking if they melt after a few days... depends on how long your trip is. if its just one day trips a bag of ice and a couple of 2l coke bottles frozen should see you through no worries. if its extended days of camping.. SOLID ice is the only choice. and a good quality ICEBOX will see you through. Techni-ice SHEETS are also a usable option if you can have the amount of storage required for them.. ive bought 100 sheets off ebay for a good price.. sometimes i use them if its only a day use job.. but i find they never last long either.. just no mess when using them.

Hi all i use a couple of milk bottle frozen ,i used to have those techni ice sheets but they have dissapeared but i can remember they were good value ,i just have a crappy plastic eski which i drilled some holes in and filed with that spray foam for extra insulation ,dont know if it helps but the ice blocks last more than a day in the sun inside the crapola esky ,one day ill get myself one of those techni ice eskis they seem pretty good .

I have a 92 litre "Tropical"......an orange one.........approx 1000mm x 500 x 500.......not been away with it yet,but used it NYE for all the drinks at home........bagged ice lasted until Jan 5,and that's with kids and hung-over adults in and out all that time ........got it at Christies camping,reckon less than $200.The best esky I've ever had though,probably too big for your application,was an old bar fridge......given up the ghost..........had a fridgey mate take the motor / compressor / gas out of it.......took the shelves from the door,replaced with a marine ply sheet (varnished / sealed) and filled the void in the door with "expanding foam"........now that was an esky!..........I took it to a mates shack on the river one year......some-one "borrowed it" :angry::angry::angry::angry:

My techni ice esky works quite good with frozen 2ltr bottles, The bottles are still frozen solid after todays session along with a bag of reds in it :) worked a treat a few years back over the west coast with dry ice.Im currently in the process of making a esky out of the 50mm coolroom panels, At least that way its made to my specs and my needs, current 80ltr one is to small