Favorite form of fishing??

hey, i was just sitting back having a think about my last year of fishing and the different places/types that i have done. i have fished from a boat, the rocks, the beach and the jetty. i would have to say on consideration that this last year my greatest enjoyment has come from the rocks. my first real rock sesh came here in Whyalla with rocknev about a year ago and as he said at the time, its the challenge of fishing them that makes it so enjoyable and when you do land a fish, especially a decent one, it just seems like much more of an achievement than it does out of a boat.dont get me wrong, i love my boat fishing as well and if the seas are calm i am forever keen to blast on out looking for fish but as far as sense of achievement is concerned u cant go past the rocks IMO. they are also able to be fished by everyone anytime and they seem to fish the best when its too rough to take the boat out anyway (unless ur Samrota where they seem to produce no matter what the weather is doing :P )ive put this pic up before but so far it is my best catch off the rocks and now my benchmark. im heading out to try and best it this arvo in fact!MyFirstBlackPointSnapper.jpgWhats ur Fav type of fishing and why??

Like yourself, I've fished the beaches, the jetties, the rocks, the wharves, and the boat.Since purchasing the kayak though, I'm getting more of a kick leaving the boat in the shed, the jetty rats to fight for their patch, the beaches to sandblast someone else, and the rocks to claim someone elses skin.Me, I'm serenely paddling around away from everyone else, in waters many boats cant access, and discovering a whole new world away from the hustle and bustle, away from the crowds, away from the other boats, away from the ramp rage....and not 5 minutes from the boat ramp, I can be in a whole new world that could be 100 miles from civilisation, in places not too many others even know about.I get so carried away, sometimes I just paddle around taking in the serenity, without even putting the line into the water.I can paddle and troll, I can drop the anchor, I can use the stealth approach to quietly mosey into potential spots, sight fish, or even raise the sail and kick back while the wind carries me along. I have outriggers for extra stability, livewell, rod racks, a rudder, and I still get to have both hands free to fish, as it's a pedal kayak.Big fish are no problem on light gear, coz the kayak itself gets towed around tiring the fish. Schools don't get spooked. Shallow water is no issue. No towing, no ramp fees, no registration and insurance, no servicing or maintenance, no carrying gear on long walks, no crowding, no screaming kids, it's bl**dy fantastic.The only real issue I have is peeing into a container while I'm sitting down.....I can live with that!I've been saying for two seasons now, that I intend taking the thing out to target the little bronzies. I still haven't gotten around to it, but when I do, they can tow me around to their little fishy hearts content, and I recon then I'm gonna be a totally satisfied camper with nearly all the boxes ticked, and not much more to achieve!

I love all types of fishing. Jetty, boat, yak, rocks, beach, river, impoundments. Lure and bait, haven't got into fly yet, but been thinking about it for a while. What makes it even more enjoyable, is taking my son with me and passing the knowledge i have accumulated over the years. Teaching him proper fish handling, catch and release, and the like. We love our lure fishing in dams for natives and redfin. He has been outfishing me for a few years now!!! :clap:Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageMany more pics of fish he has caught, but i don't want him to get a big head. :P

i would have to say on consideration that this last year my greatest enjoyment has come from the rocks. my first real rock sesh came here in Whyalla with rocknev about a year ago and as he said at the time' date=' its the challenge of fishing them that makes it so enjoyable and when you do land a fish, especially a decent one, it just seems like much more of an achievement than it does out of a boat.[/quote']I have to agree about catching that big snapper off the stones, much more satisfying.Good luck on the snapper hunt. Hope you beat your PB mate.I'm doing a night cod hunt tonight.Posted ImageLove the rocks most of all.Hoping to be in Whyalla soon. Might see you on the stones.My PB off the stones. 80cm and 5kgPosted Image

I really have two favourite forms of fishing, but its probably no surprise that they both involve Snapper!1. Fishing for them from the beach or rocks. I love beach fishing as I got my first beach red last year and was so excited it wasnt funny. the sense of achievement was HUGE.1813.jpg2. Chasing Big Metro Reds on plastics. Biggest is only about 78cm, so improving on this is proving tough, but non metro have landed an 8kilo or so. The metro plastics really is another tough challenge for me as its hard to find big schools and then get your plastics down to them as often the tide is cranking quite hard and its hard to draw myself away from the reliability of baits. I find the Metro Snapper just dont seem to respond as well to plastics here in Metro adelaide as they do in Vic.1801.jpg

I reckon I'm going to buy a yak ranger!, you put forth a convincing case! I'm most at home on the rocks because I cut my teeth on them.... But it's hard to beat a deck chair on a surf beach, a coopers in one hand and a rod holder either side, watching your glow sticks and anticipating the scream of the reel. Such are day dreams made of.

Before yesterday I would've said it would be a toss up between Callop on the Murray and Squidding anywhere.But after getting into the Mulloway yesterday my first choice of fishing now will be soaking pillies in the Coorong!!Mulloway have always been the holy grail for me, and catching them yesterday in numbers was a dream come true!!Posted Image

My favourite type of fishing is the humble tinny trip.95% of the time searching the estuaries for Bream and school mulloway. It's just so much fun being close to the water opening up the two stoke and swerving through the salt.I love the tranquility of a dawn fish:Posted Image5% snapper time:Posted ImageThe joys of an early morning session at outer harbor:Posted ImageThe occasional success of light line schoolie :)Posted ImageAnd of course the very special moments when something takes yer bait and runs, turning the tinnie at right angles when you up the drag :)Posted ImageBut of course ALL fishing rules, and a solo bream session in the tinny or off the rocks is very very good fun ;)Posted Image

As a dirty Mexican, formerly of Phillip island, I miss the muddy bay with her big currents for big reds, the surf beaches in winter for sambos and stopping off for a beer halfway through the day in any number of coastal towns before getting back out in the entrance to crack into some kg's and gummy.SA ain't bad though I have to say!

I love all types of fishing whether it be from the beautiful beaches of lower Yorkes, the wild stones, open sandflats, secluded creeks or local reds. Lure, plastic, bait, shore, boat/tinny, yak- it's all good!One of Yorkes beautiful beachesP1000180.JPGChasing KingsIMG_0911.JPGSalmon on lures is always funP1000264.JPGFlats Yellowfin would have to be right up the top556.JPGBut putting mates onto big snapper is a feeling hard to beat!P1000032.JPG

Thank you all for the pics.......they're all ball tearers B)

Ditto that, making my casting arm twitch just looking at some of these photos!might have to start a thread on your most satisfying or against the odds catch, im sure there would be a few crazy stories to surface like the one Jack mentioned in another thread of a 10kg snapper taken on a size four hook whilst fishing off the outer harbour breakwall for bream!

Some great photos been uploaded, looks fantastic.My favourtie style of fishing would have to be broken down into three catagories but i would have to say, most would fall around the time just prior to sunset (around 7:00pm in the summer time) this just brings out the magic of nature in my opinion. 1. Kayak fishing - particularly with plastics on light gear, drifiting through the estauries is pretty briliant, with or without company. to me doing their is not many things out there that are this relaxing. Particularly lanucing the kayak from south road in the Onk and paddling upwards towards old noarlunga in search of the odd school mulloway is just a dream. Posted Image2. Them hard to reach rocky places -(outer harbor + rileys etc) whilst the travelling out can be a struggle and hard work.. with great company, good weather and a touch of luck ive had some of the best fishing experiences ever. Posted Image3. Charter fishing - getting away for the weekend with some close friends doesnt get much better if ya chuck a charter on the cards. Have done this for a number of birthdays with mates and all have been an absolute blast.Posted ImageIm sure if i have luck in the fresh water side of things soon, that will rate high on my list too, some of the places i have been trying at are incredibly beautiful looking.