red fish in west lakes??

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Haha, some amusing dribble! Makes me laugh how some of the quality posts/reports and pictures on here get a couple of "Well done mate" replies and then you get a post like this one when the said fish

Locked.

Not the best pic I'm sure u can,zoom in though here's ur skate in the lake.if I was lieing I'd say it was me that caught it and not my brother lol

Posted Images

my brother caught a nice size skate and a 60cm+ yellow fin bream in the last couple months.couple blokes were catching whiteing and mullet the other week down dottorel.havnt seem salmon trout in a while though.turmpeters are plentiful so there's gotta be mullys still in there you would assume.anyone actually caught any bronzes out of west lakes read a few rumours someone releases them into the lake.but surely they would eat up a lot of the decent size fish in there.so I'm hopeing there's not too many in there l B):boot:

my brother caught a nice size skate and a 60cm+ yellow fin bream in the last couple months.couple blokes were catching whiteing and mullet the other week down dottorel.havnt seem salmon trout in a while though.turmpeters are plentiful so there's gotta be mullys still in there you would assume.anyone actually caught any bronzes out of west lakes read a few rumours someone releases them into the lake.but surely they would eat up a lot of the decent size fish in there.so I'm hopeing there's not too many in there l B):boot:

Skate in the lake? And 60cm plus bream? :dry: :huh:Deffs never head a skate in there or a bream that big

Yes barbs there is skate in the lake my bro has pics on his phone to prove it I can get them from him and upload to u if u like for some piece of mind.and yes a 60cm bream was a monster he caught it on a king green prawn head thing ate it in one hit.was unreal I couldn't believe my eyes.I didn't think there would be a bream that size in there either.there's things in the lake u wouldn't expect mate we have fished there a lot gotta not many ppl go where we fish at west lakes.everyone goes to trimmer I've had little success there everyone thinks it the place to fish out the lakes for some reason?. :boot:

Skate in the lake? And 60cm plus bream? :dry: :huh:Deffs never head a skate in there or a bream that big
yellowfin bream at 60+ :clap: just a couple things wrong with that report

Y is it when u tell ppl wat u catch they are like I don't think so look ppl my bro caught a bream and yes it was over 60cm I'm sorry u guys havnt had that kind of luck down there andiif u don't believe me well maybe u should get ur ass down there and throw in a line unreal bunch of knobs on here that's for sure.and no I'm not Asian pauly s .caught about 20 bream that were all about 5-20cm then bam my bro got a 60cm PLUS bream.neck up dude. got no idea.

If someone caught a 60cm bream they'd get on the cover of Blue water or something! Probably turn westlakes into the lizard island of Bream locations! The biggest yellowfin bream I've ever caught was around 40cms on the nambucca river as a kid growing up, skull dragged in on 20lb mono thankyou very much....As for the "unreal bunch of knobs" on here, thats a bit harsh- don't send in reports of mythical beasts being caught without a pic! Maybe we can catch up and I'll tell you about the 85cm YFW I caught above the torrens weir :blink:

I caught a beast the other day garfishing in west lakes' date=' didn't have my phone so I did a sketch, hope it helps :d/[/quote']mate ive caught many of them in the lake... on the same day i caught a 12lb yf bream :) you could imagine im quite the knowledgeable angler catching the one and and only yf bream ever in westlakes...?? but if we do some mathematics what age would we say my 60+ yf bream is ??

I didn't catch it.no yellow fin bream??Iyouve never fished at west lakes I take it.jealousy is a hell of a thing I'm jealous my bro caught it too he should have the fish title I know.hey pauly s are u a fish doctor or some shit.u don't know everything and no I don't have a pic of it can't get a pic of everythn u know.go to west lakes throw a line in get a bite reel her in bet u u have a yellow fin bream.r u on ifosh cause ur as clueless as that guy.

The pic of the Skate is actually a shovel nosed ray. Caught em a heap of times off the beach.http://australianmuseum.net.au/Eastern-Shovelnose-Ray-Aptychotrema-rostrata Where people are coming from regarding the Yellow-Finned Bream, is that Yellow-Finned Bream are an Eastern State species. We only get Black Bream here.Distribution Yellow-Finned Breamhttp://www.fishnet.com.au/default.aspx?id=225&fishid=164Black Bream Distributionhttp://www.fishnet.com.au/default.aspx?id=225&fishid=32

Im the one that caught the horse of a bream. I know what a bream looks like have caught hundreds of them in the lake for all you haters tell me this what is a bream that has yellow fins called omg i believe it is called a yellow-finned bream aint that strange. I bet all of you wish that it was you that caught this beast. So grab a rod and spend some time down there cause i have put in alot of hours down there :clap: Pauly your are one jealous twat!!!!!!!

Where's the pic of this bream then? Surely if you know your fishing you would know this is a rare, rare capture!! And there for the first thing u would do is take a picture............... Especially if you took a picture of a shovel nose shark the same night! Assuming they were caught the same night ? People just want proof! And are you sure it was a yellowfin and not a black bream? Just confirming !!!!