A trip down amnesia lane

I was driving past the North Adelaide par 3 golf course the other day and reminisced back a good 15 years to when the hotel was known as 'Gheckos'- it was the place to be on a Friday and Saturday night. One frosty evening I smuggled a pen that i had modified into a makeshift handline into the happening nightspot. After several nips of courage I procured some bait (salt and vinegar chips squeezed into a paste) and cast my line from the bustling balcony into the inky black torrents some 10 metres below. No one was more surprised than me when a tentative nibble led to a flapping and floundering 4 pound carp being hauled up in amongst the shrieking revellers. It was after midnight and mid winter, the whole scene was quite surreal. My mate actually took the carp inside the club and danced to A.B.C Logic's 'Watch out for the Hitman' with the unlucky fish.(he was fairly hammered).All in all it was a very successful night out on the sauce.