Metro Mulloway status anyone?

Hi all,After a couple decent seasons on the school fish, this summer has been a bit err different ;)How have you, or your extended fishing network faired around metro??For me and mine it's been a case of bigger fish encountered, but plenty of missed opportunities, unfortunately :(One mate of mine was lucky to get a full size 60pounder about a month back. This was a port river fish, but these are not an everyday occurrence lol.My boat has still found some fish, but many missed hook ups and some thunderous bust offs. I personally have been Jew-less for a little too long fir my liking :laugh:The best example I can give is my mate stu hooking a very big fish and busting... Then 10minutes later we called the next run for a SMALL Jewie.... Thing came in over a meter, so it's anyone's guess how big some of the lost one's have been :ohmy:You can't count the ones that get away ;) one things for sure though, and that is that my experience over summer has seen a lack of small fish numbers compared with the last two years.I've been tossing up Coorong trip again as my Mrs did well on our last visit.... VERY keen to find out how others have gone finding regular school mulloway catches???? Especially in and around the port.Mulloway are just that type of fish where one fisho is working hard, and the next is finding it easy :cheer: Year before last the schoolies hit really hard in march and April, so perhaps the numbers are still to come thruBloody fishing :laugh: let us know what you have heard hey....Here's the last one to come aboard the tinny... Pity it wasn't mine, lol but still a nice fish... While ago now, pre xmas infact

Yeah maybe the bigger lost ones... fish heavier, I know of a particular well known guy who got a 70 lber and uses TLDs on tough blanks, the motto is better a pic of him holding it up for the camera than another heartbreak of the fish busting off.I remember when i use to chase them[havent for ages], started off using the fancy light latest and greatest,in the end was using the cheapest toughest 30lb mono could lay my hands on matched up to a daiwa black gold 60 and sabre 540h, started to win a few...still lost some but won a few more than what i was previously.[but i was landbased]Just a thought B)

Went down the local haunt in the Mully Magnet . Caught enough bait for a good sesh . Had to wait a bit for the tide to do it's thing . Had three runs , hooked up to the first but when i got the fish close to the MM the hooks pulled and the sinker jumped out the water an landed next to me . Second run was a decent fish but when i went to set the hooks the bait came back whole . Third run i had a decent hook up and landed a nice schoolie 49cm , tagged then released it back . Was happy with one and it was getting late so packed up and went home .