Point Turton (Advice)

Hey guys!Just like to start off saying great forum, get some really good info off here!I'm heading up to Point Turton tomorrow for the weekend and I haven't been up there for awhile was wondering if anyone's been up there recently or know what's biting that way. It'd be mostly onshore stuff due to no boat. I was looking at the tides and there doesn't seem to be a great deal of movement http://tides.willyweather.com.au/sa/yorke-peninsula/point-turton.html and are quite unsure about whats good conditions with direction wise. I assume squid would be the go due to the tides but not to sure. If anyone's got any advice of what to fish with or what to go for let me know! Cheers Kane

I LOVE Turton, very under-rated. Last time I went there I got a dozen squid each day off the jetty, around 2 hours before to just after sunset, once the sun went down the action stopped. if you can get on the end of the jetty cast as far as you can straight out and just slightly to the left, back towards the Point. A jerky retrieve, lots of pauses, let it sink and your nearly guaranteed a squid. I was using a 2.5g fluro japanese squid jag with an extra 1g running sinker for extra casting distance. worked a charm. If you can, the flats just to the north of the jetty all through hardwicke bay are outstandinding, a breeding ground for table species. A very generous motel owner let my borrow his rowboat, and was a fish a cast in the late afternoon. Catchs varied between salmon trout, tommies, garfish and even a small bream. Several nice big fat garfish and tommies also like to school up with the littler ones.

Kayak noob is on the money, to the right of the jetty is an old boiler that gets exposed at low tide, wade out in that area and cast to the sand patches,burley spring, paternosta and cockles, legal kgs ,st and mullet.Chuck a 40gram halco lazer or chrome slice about and a chance you may be rewarded with nice ST and even Snook.Cheers B)

wow, seems like Ive made the right choice, Il be using Corny point as a base shortly for a long weekend. Taking the tub and hoping to get out a few times over the period. Launching the 5.3m using my taxi will mean the closest proper ramp is Turton right? Havnt been there for a long time but remember the rat kings visit the jetty? Id love to hear of more areas to try. The mates with me arnt hard core fishoes but all like boating and wetting a line so bread and butter it will be. Nice to get a bag of tingers and some squid, Il leave the garfish for those that know and can fillet them.

Point Turton is my favorite get away spots, sometimes i like to stay in the cabins on the cliff and if we spoiling ourselves get a spa room :c lol Also a very close walk/stagger to and from the jetty, ive also stayed at the other cabins about a minute drive from jetty and yes the hotel owner lets you take his row boat out so its pretty cool also. Yep squid few hours before sunset and also a few hours before sunrise, snook also of the jetty even the park manager will make you a snook rig if ya want, plenty of gar and tommies and ive caught pt jackson sharks and some small bronzies while trying to go for those elusive kingfish that are sometimes at the end of the jetty, just a great spot, have a great time

This "patch" you speak off' date=' is it a common mark?What is the beach like between Turton and Corny? Our beach house is right on the sand, be intrested to hear of what the fishing is like in close within casting distance.[/quote']Ale ive spent a fair bit of time at my grandpas shack at the pines which is inbetween Turton and Corny. The of the beach is good. It is very tidal and on low tide i have spent many times wading out to the blue line and casting into sandy holes for KGW. You can get all the normal bread and butter species gar,tommies, whiting etc.Great part of the world to :fishing: