one choice combo

Big ask, Swampfisher...Reckon you'll get a lot of responses saying you'll need (as a minimum) 2-3 good (flexible) rigs.I honestly don't think you'll do it with one, given your scenario.It's a bit like asking for a motor vehicle which is light and zippy in city traffic, handles well in tight curves, lopes along as tourer, pulls a caravan and gets down and dirty like a balls-out 4WD.Good luck... :whistle:

I would go a Stella 4000SW on a Ian Miller Beast Buster. you could throw plastics at fish as small as flatties, you could catch jacks, threadfin, some medium sized Mackeral and also be in with a chance of landing Black Jew, big Barra, Snapper, big Nannies etc. Only thing you would struggle to do is jig medium to heavy jigs and for that you would need the Ian Miller Toad but you couldnt then do your plastics fishing with it

Hey Archer I guess it is a big ask to have a rod that absolutely excels in all situations im just after one that can handle alot of work in alot of areahs and just keep powering on. The reason Im asking is Ive wanted to do some major traveling for a while and wanna keep the amount of gear to a minimal. I'll probly end up taking two or three rods if i do go. I think three must be the majic number because I could only cut my rifles and dogs down to that number to. thanks for the info fellas I'll look into those rods and see what I think.