Berleying Landbased?

Whiting nuggets or old fish frames works well for me, although the nuggets do tend to attract more tommies, gar and general bait thieves. Just get yourself a berley bucket and tie it to cord wrapped around a hand reel, that way you can keep it all neat when not in use.I have heard of tuna oil soaked weetbix as a successful mullet and gar surface berley, most cereals are great for smaller species!

I just use an onion bag with a rope tied securely to it. Normally I'll whack a bag of berley (whiting nuts or whatever) in there and stab a few holes in it. Only takes a few minutes to fill up with water and sink and then when you give the bag a shake it releases a nice cloud. I'll also generally chuck whatever old stuff I have in the top. Old pilchards, squid etc. When done you can just throw the lot in the bin and keep the rope, nice and tidy. Works great off jetties as you can tie it just off the bottom and the tide will make a nice long berley slick for you.

Thanks guys, i have a Burley pot which i bought a few weeks ago for my kayak... I want sure if would work fishing off rocks but I'll get done whiting nuts and give it a shot. I have some premixed burlery stuff which had gone all dry but I'm adding some tubs oil and I'll give it a shot :)

Thanks guys' date=' i have a Burley pot which i bought a few weeks ago for my kayak... I want sure if would work fishing off rocks but I'll get done whiting nuts and give it a shot. I have some premixed burlery stuff which had gone all dry but I'm adding some tubs oil and I'll give it a shot :)[/quote']Off the rocks your pot will usually end up back in the rocks and getting snagged, wasting fishing time! For surface fish I have used a hand line with a pot tied with an adjsutable knot onto heavy mono to a big snapper lead, to keep the pot the require distance away from the rocks, and have the pot tied at the right height, works ok, but it is another thing to carry and attend to, so I scrapped that idea after a few trials. To be in total control of the ammount of berley going into the water I find the best method is to just throw it in by hand (spoon it in if you're feeling pretty!) as and when you need it and no extra gear needed! :)

I've always used a floating burley bucket PP? Never had any problems and found that the continual waves help with spreading the burley. Just my 2 cents worth.

You don't find that your pot/bucket swings back to the rocks either side of where you are standing depending on which way the tide is going, in or out?
I've always used a floating burley bucket PP? Never had any problems and found that the continual waves help with spreading the burley. Just my 2 cents worth.
You don't find that your pot/bucket swings back to the rocks either side of where you are standing depending on which way the tide is going' date=' in or out?[/quote']Sometimes but I use the waves and tide and basically any water movement to disperse berley.