New Rod design..... A bit different for $500

my point of view, the integrity of the blank is compromised by the plastic?? hand grip.. if the rod was to go straight through and this additional "grip" was a separate attachment to the rod the blanks strength/flex wouldn't be as compromised and there for a bit better...i still wouldn't buy one..

TBH these made me laugh when I saw them. What happened to the traditional fishing rod?? And I think Del is onto something in regards to blank integrity. There's a big weak spot between the hand grip, butt section and the main blank. The plastic (or whatever they used) would want to be seriously UV stabilised and strengthened otherwise, 1 season (or less) and snappo!

the concept is ok but you lose all that you might gain by the blank not running all the way through to the butt of the rod,this puts all of said load on your arm because you cant straighten your arm and use the power of the rod.well thats what it looks like anyway. cheers brenton

Looks terrible and uncomfy.A conventional rod you can change your grip when you're tired, either under your arm or putting the butt of the rod on your pelvis (ohhh the explaination in words doesnt sound too good haha ;)).I cant see you fighting a serious fish for longer than 15minutes like this. Your arm will BURRRRN!!!!There is no way you would be able to put this rod in a gimble belt and fight the fish.Stupid idea i think ESPECIALLY for $500. No thanx

World first! From Get A Grip Rods J-T-R Series 1 24kg- 37kg Jigging - Rod.Awesome Jig stick for all types of Fisho's.IDEAL for Juniors , Ladies & the Fishing Pros.Makes light work out of jigging heavy jigs & fighting Big Fish.Australian designed, owned and manufactured product, with patent pending. The evolutionary handle designs give you greater control and leverage, aswell as helps to relieve muscle fatigue if fishing deep for big fish such a KingFish ,Samson's & TunaHandles are made from, UV resistant, ASA plastic which is incredibly strong whilst remaining remarkable light.This handle, is the first... release of what will eventually be one of a range of handles, from O/H models down to uniquely designed handles for soft plastics and large fly fishing, with a range of handle with a blank for each model released. We have chosen a 24kg to 37kg Graphite composite blank as our first release to target the Jig or deep sea fishing market, "we felt this would be the best blank for people to best appreciate the benefits of using our handles, aswell as to show how strong the handles are"Blanks are custom made for us by L.Wilson & Co. (Total length of the fishing rod is 5ft,7”) Weight 640 grams Including rod peice.Comes complete with Handle & rod (2 peice) construcion.If you have passed up a trip Jigging due to injury or fitness well this is your Rod!It is quite remarkable.Bit like a "Tuff Tackle" product

No point in it, correct me if I am wrong but isn't the actual "jigging" motion the killer injury wise?On an casting rod it would be worse, swapping hands after the cast would be annoying finding that gap to the handle.Also the pressure on your hand is put on the side of it, meaning it is concentratedon a smaller area. Most likely inflicting more pain than if it was a conventional rod spread over the width of your hand.

To be fair, I can actualy see the ergonomic advantages whilst jigging (less strain on the top of a bent wrist holding a conventional rod - try it)Once hooked up though, it makes very little body mechanics sense...suppose you could get used to it... :whistle: