Adajio Yozuri/Duel Lures.

Good Afternoon,Can anyone assist me with on advice around the Adajio Casting Lures. i have pasted a link below. http://www.tackleworldadelaide.com.au/products/Duel-Adagio-%5BSinking%5D.htmlLooking at using them in the style of Mensforth/Worstling from the beach casting at salmon on our trip to port lincoln in june.They appear expensive for a casting lure at $20 each. when you can buy a pack of 3 halco from Kmart for less.i release they are different styles, but still a salmon is only a salmon and if they are on they are on. cheers

In all honesty the big Halco's will work just as well, if not better. Really don't need anything fancy to catch a big Salmon, especially around Lincoln and especially when they're on the chew. The Halco Slice's and Twisties have been around for years because they're simple and they work.If you want to do it for something different then by all means, it will work but could be an expensive trip if you get a couple of bust offs.

I've Slayed too many salmon on those adagio stick baits. Use them for what you want. It's a very versatile lure, that why I spend the extra Pennies. Catch plenty of good fish on them. I haven't lost one yet to a salmon and I fish some very rocky spots for them down Yorkes and get 3-4 kilo fish on them Worth the coin i rekon

I've Slayed too many salmon on those adagio stick baits. Use them for what you want. It's a very versatile lure' date=' that why I spend the extra Pennies. Catch plenty of good fish on them. I haven't lost one yet to a salmon and I fish some very rocky spots for them down Yorkes and get 3-4 kilo fish on them Worth the coin i rekon[/quote']What colour have you been using?

How do they cast into the wind?Usually casting distance is the most important factor for land based salmon luring. The statement on the tackleworld website is a bit misleading when it says they cast 70 metres as that depends on a lot of factors.

Not often you loose lures to salmon so I'd defiantly get them... By time you buy shit metals and catch few big fish on them the split rings and trebs need to be changed, so do yourself a favour and buy lures with good shit already on them ;) Think they have 45g 1s at tackle world so should cast a mile with the right setup... Pauly

How do they cast into the wind?Usually casting distance is the most important factor for land based salmon luring. The statement on the tackleworld website is a bit misleading when it says they cast 70 metres as that depends on a lot of factors.

Yea I doubt they cast that far :-/. Maybe 50 tops with all the factors going ur way and with a decent reel
  • 4 weeks later...
Doesn't really matter what colour u get man. Just remeber to try and represent bait fish they chase and eat and ul be on the right track.The purple ones and pilchard looking colored ones' date=' my favourite for mullies.[/quote']What size do you use Barbz? i dont have time to get to a tackleworld so i was going to order them on line