What fish can we expect from the water like this?

Complete waste of time in my experience!!That is one very shallow stretch of coastline without any decent gutters most of the year and no fish would be comfortable foraging in there until the surf dropped away.Additionally, there is so much weed in these conditions it's impossible to fish :ohmy:A different story entirely as the surf drops away. Killa time to be there, although the drifting remnants of weed on a big flowing tide can be a nuisance ;)

I disagree with tony on this one, I have had my best salmon sessions along christies to southport in this type of water, snapper also get caught in these conditions. Might be a bit early for the big salmon though? Only way to find out is get down there and give it a crack! you will be surprised

I disagree with tony on this one' date=' I have had my best salmon sessions along christies to southport in this type of water, snapper also get caught in these conditions. Might be a bit early for the big salmon though? Only way to find out is get down there and give it a crack! you will be surprised[/quote']Yep, I've had some great salmon sessions at Southport with water like that, although those were in the middle of winter. I imagine after it settles down the lb snapper spots will be firing.