Rod for mulloway and snapper

Hi guysI have a shimano stratic c14 4000 which i want to use for mulloway on soft plastics. Also to use for snapper when i occasionally (couple times a year) go for snapper.I wana suit this to a rod at about 7-8 foot. I have a few questions. What strenth rod would i need for this? Anything to look for?Also what braid size. I was thinking 15lb but is that too less for snapper?All your help would be appreciatedCheers

Have a look at the Snapper Shimano Raider.From memory...7'6", 4-7kg but feels like it could pull a horse backwards.Used it for chucking salmon lures around the beach as well. It's caught quite a few mullies and snapper for me and for around the $100 mark great value for money.I've got mine fitted with a 4000 Freams Kix and love the combo. Sure a C14 would feel pretty damn nice on it as well.

7ft samaki zing or skitch if u wana go the cheaper option. tbh there are hundreds of good rods for mullies n snaps, i think the best rod will be the one that u choose out and like the feel of.when ur in the shop get them to grab out a stradic so u can try it on different rods and find what rod it matches best.goodluck with it

Daiwa TDT from BCF, they are varying lengths. I used a 7 foot 4-8kg rod to bottom bash on the recent charter for grouper, nannygai, huge sweep then used it for trolling for tuna It is now my rod for flick lures for salmon off the beach at waitpinga - not expensive either. They are usually a one piece, load them up in the store and you will be surprised I have the 4 to 8kg.... its an IM7 graphite

• 4 weeks later...