??????????Whats your fishing style?????????????

Hey all,This thread is for you to tell the rest of us what your preferred style of fishing is, wether it be catching bream in the port or going after tuna in the southern ocean. Post some of your personal fishing experiences here too.My preferred styles are landbased shark fishing and salmon fishing whenever I can get to a decent beach.

I'm a meat fisherman. I love going out with my mates in our boats and having a few beers. I like catching bag limits of good eating table fish like whiting, garfish, tommies, squid, snapper and the odd shark. I enjoy coming home cleaning it all up and bagging it up in little plastic bags. I love the look of joy and happiness when i give some to grandma, my mum, my next door neighbours and my mates. I love to share my catch, and everyone loves a feed of fresh fish.A typical summers day when it's hot goes like this. Invite all my friends over for a Saturday arvo feast and swim in my pool. Me and a mate will get up early Saturday morning and chuck the tinny in at Seacliff about 6am. Burn out and drop a few crab nets. Drift for some squid in between checking the crab nets and trolling for some snook or salmon trout. About 9 start fishing for whiting while dropping the crab nets off side of the boat. Come in about 10.30am with a feed of Blue swimmers, Squid, A couple of Whiting, Sometimes a Flathead and always a massive Snook or two. Get home about 11.30am.My mate is Greek so we get the catch cleaned in no time, and the rest of the crew rock up around 1pm. Lunch normally consists of Sweet chili marinated Crab and Squid on the BBQ, followed by a few beers and a swim in the pool. Dinner is a few more coldies with some nice whiting fillets, Flathead and freshly smoked Snook fillets. The ladies make some killer salads and i whip up a few special home made sauces. The night kicks on for ages and normally people are still being chucked in the pool well after midnight. Now that is fishing in my house, and thats why i love it

:shock: Well written man! Words cannot describe how good that sounds!I can't wait for the summer now {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gif Well my idea in more detail consists of this:[summer time, wind blowing straight easterly off semaphore jetty, the first day of a cool change after a long week of 35+ degree days.]Get to the jetty around 1pm to find all my mates with their balloons straight of the end and a nice open spot just for mine to go out. As I' am rigging up baits, ropies and traces etc.. find out there has been mutiple runs and a few fins sighted around their balloons and a report filed of a 3 metre+ shark sighting in the area earlier that day. So once my balloons are about 400 meters out seaward with a nice sized snook suspened below, I can just chill out and talk with my mates about whatever until the sun gets towards the horizon. Suddenly a reel screams but in a microsecond I would realize that it was only a bottom bait being taken, aka stingray. Once the stingray has been set free and the exitement has worn off I can go back to siting behind the windbreak and wait well into the night. In the middle of a conversation one of the ballooning reels starts going berserk and once again, in a micro second I know that this ain't no eaglie and what ever has pulled some line is obviously hungry a large fish. This can only mean one thing... SHARK! Out the corner of my eye I can see everyone's head just turn towards the direction of the buzzing and start franticaly signal the owner of the reel that a shark has chosen their bait and that they have a very long fight on their hands. This is all usually summed up with "HIT MAN HIT IT!!!!" This can end in various ways and most often the person being busted off around a jetty pylon once the shark is in gaffing range. Once in a while if the shark is played correctly and for long enough it will be gaffed, tailroped and landed by the onlookers before it can get around a pylon. The night usually ends with some great photographs taken and large set of jaws for someone's walls, plus some fillets that could feed a family for a solid year. size=480http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/P9APuiSr__anton_web_pic.JPG[/img]

i like good sport fishing with a challenge. Im not usually all about the bigger fish although my goal now is to land the big king!I have the most fun walking down the beach early in the morning with the sand between me toes casting lures at good sambos. Had the best session with my mate and our missus's new years on the yorkes.Not a breathe of wind, 30 odd degrees of pure sunset, no swell and 3 schools of salmon which formed one massive school. Most fish were between 6-8lb with others which would've cleared this mark. Somehow they always came off the hooks though??What made the trip better was that the girls got in and had a ball with decent fish!Have also had lots of fun chasing rat kingies from the jetty on plastics. Awesome the way you can alter there mood from plasid, to rampage with the twitch of a lure, even better when you can see how they react!also love our bronzie sessions in summer with fresh bait, which usually consists of fresh snook we troll up off local NH after too many bevvos!drunkn snook fishing is heaps of fun!

Seen the photos Bennyboy of you new years trip. Looked like an awesome trip. Theres something cool about seeing your MRS getting stuck into a good fish. Mine hooked a massive eagle ray at tumby bay this year. She made me proud. The video is on my myspace page. Drunken snook missions are one of my favourites too. In summer they are in mega plagues it rocks. My mate Falcon tries to gaff them as your lifting them in. I think he tries to knock them off cause we never land any, but laugh our tits off anyway.

Nice story Viddy. You've got me keen to join you on a nice warm night. Hope this season is a good one for you and you land one 8 foot. I had to shrink your picture down a bit so it fits a bit better.

Yeah, this season there will be plenty of nights you can come and chill down the jetty.

I love jetty fishing at night, sharks or rays and love going out on my old mans boat BUT the fishing that makes me giddy is Trout fishing. Catch and release of course.For some reason I love the fish, It looks great, fights hard and just the style of how to catch it is awesome.On one of my favourite fishing trips i went with a mate, Started at the bottom of this river, the weather was a nice 30deg, but still moist.Walk into the cold river trackpants rolled up to my thighs, no shoes and armed with just a light 6 foot spinner with a spinner for a lure too.First pool, nothing the smell is great too, dewy leaves and the cool air coming off the icy water. I spy a trout swimming downstream past my legs.I walk futher upstream, step on a few pointy rocks and some slippery algae.Get to a sexy pool, and hold back, bend my knees so low my butt is nearly in the water and cast into the pool, CRAP! caught on a blackberry bush on the side of the river.Give it a yank and try again, as soon as the Celta hits the water, theres a splash from a Brown trout hitting it hard.A short but long awaited fight happens and out comes a very healthy Brownie, with 6 more to follow.Now that right there just does it for me. Its not just fishing, It's adventuring and wearing dark green clothing to stay hidden, and walking everywhere trying to stay low. I feel like a spec ops dude.{SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gifGreat srories all, keep 'em coming.

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite fishing style these days is walking down onto Almonta beach, light overhead casting rod, bumbag full of 18-20 ga lures and a pair of polaroids on my head. The sun is just beginning to rise and an awesome scene unfolds before me. Huge schools of Australian Salmon well within casting range as far as the eye can see. Hook on tat first lure and send out the first cast. Three winds of the handle and the rod buckles under the weight of a healthy salmon. The fight lasts for several minuters and the fish finally lays flapping at your feet, the sun now shines off the chrome bullets glistening body. Unhook the fish and watch it swim back out through the surf to it's mates. Cast again and watch the water spray off the line as it spills from the reel following the lure out to another waiting salmon. Three cranks and BANG your on again, time and time again. Forty five minutes and many fish later you turn, walk back up the sand hill and look back at the still swarming school of salmon, thinking to your self" can't wait to do this all over again tomorrow" OH yeah now thats what i call fishing.... I do like the sound of everyone else's styles too, must try them out sometime... size=602http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/7w8kHsjD__Resize_of_DSC_0038.JPG[/img]