Hi all just wondering what peoples opinions of chinese lures are ,seem to be a heap on ebay any color shape and size ,just wondering how they would compare to rapala and others also they are a lot cheaper as well the only down side is the transit time ,has anyone had experience with these lures from china ?

A couple of years I brought a bulk lot (maybe 20 or so) of chinese no name deep diving bibbed lures that ranged from 10 - 15cm from ebay. Admittedly they were advertised as "factory seconds" as they had some minor cosmetic faults (paint runs etc), but functionalty was assured by the seller. Didn't pay a lot for them, maybe $20 delivered, but in a nutshell they were crap. The trebles that came with the lures weren't very good, so they all needed replacing. The build quality and finish of the lures are simply not to the same standard as the big names like Rapala, Yozuri etc, and I'd hate to hook a personal best fish on one of them because I wouldn't have any faith that the I could get the fish boat side, before the lure fell apart.The final nail in the coffin for me is that they don't "swim" very well, and are very sensitive to the speed you troll them at. I find brand name lures typically can be trolled at a range of speeds and swim fine, but the cheap ones I had struggled to swim if I trolled too slow or too fast, and the whole thing would end in tears.Never caught a single fish on the ones I had, and I gave up on them after trying them several times.Lesson learn't for me, but others might have had a better experience.

China .....I wonder why so many Aussie businesses are going under or struggling. Even in my local cabinetmaking business here' date=' I'm having to compete with China.I would rather pay a few extra dollars to know I've got a comeback.Our Aussie products,shops and businesses depend on us.[/quote']Everyone wants and enjoys globalisation, but noone wants to pay the real cost of it :S Plenty of good kit comes from the same factories as the cheap crap. I reckon cheap lures are cheap lures regardless of where they come from

Well boys i went out today and while the fish wernt biting i descided to test some of these chinese lures ,the berkly performed great ,the chinese lures did well almost as good as the rapalas swam straight suspended ect the one that did the worst was a rapala as it swam on its side ,now before anyone says oh there supposed to do that ,i bought 2 same model different color from here in aus the other one performed well, most swam at around 1-2 metres apart from the berkly which was a deep diver ,i put out 2 trolling lines one chinese one rapala nothing touched either so no comparison can be made ,for the small amount i paid for the chinese lures i think it was a fair buy for the way they performed ,so each to his own i think i will continue to buy lures from china as for the price of one rapala i could buy 8 chinese and free postage :laugh: