MAN, I MISS MY FISHING!

Hey alljust got the word from a surgeon i saw the other day got to have an operation on my spine he has to go in thru the front of neck (yikes)C7 disc has collasped & is pushing on the nerves to my left arm, so now i am lucky enough to have private hospital but its going to be months before he can do the surgery (lots of people a head of me i imagine with much worse problems)my GP assures me he is the best at this stuff. so my pride & joy (bream boat) wont be seeing the water for for some time to come. :angry::( . Even the flyrods have to sit in the corner for a while, dam it, all cause of some bloody virus, the surgeon reckons it was all the coughing & sneezing i had with the virus & proberbley a weak spot on the C7 disc gave way.so all this & the arthritus in me back, right ankle &now my left forefinger is getting worse just to top things off, yer i know i need a bullet! have to vent somewhere.well i guess i am still alive so in a few months time i'll be back terrorising some bream.cheers all.

Hi JoeI know what you mean I had a knee op last month and its not healing well, moved house before that so I havent had my boat in the water since Jan.I go in the shed and look at it occasionally just to make sure its still there and tell it that we will be back together soon :laugh: The joys of getting old mate :( Hope you are better soon it sucks being off the watercheerssnapps

I'm sure everyone's eventually gonna come in offering commiserations and sympathy, so instead I'll change tack.............if things take a sudden turn for the worst, can I have ya fishing gear? :P Take it easy on the road to recovery and give ya body a chance to heal itself before pushing to get back out and bounced around on the boat! If ya need any help, sing out, coz I'm a vet nurse, and I've worked with some much angrier animals than you before! :laugh: Take care of yaself fellah, coz none of us are getting any younger! ;)

Thanks for those kind replies, I think :laugh: sorry to hear about the knee snaps, at least the fish get a reprieve for the time being!hey ranger I think you'd be standing in a long line to get at my fishing tackle :cheer: softy time goes quick these days & did'nt i see some grey hairs in your locks last time we met :P:laugh: