Squidgy that's not so Squidgy?

So sorting myself out for a LB Gar fish session tomorrow morning, berley done, Gar rig all good, Gents still wriggling, but thinking should take the SP set up too, for a flick as I head out. Had a look at the last lot of Squidgy Bloodworm Wrigglers I bought compared to some older ones I pick up off site member Chopper recently and they are very very different. The old ones are much softer and stretchier (?) and the new ones are much more like the Zman soft plastics, much more rubbery and tougher feeling. Has anyone else noticed this?Yes I have had a few sherberts ;) but atm this is very important! HahaTop one is the new clean looking Squidgy, bottom one is old faithful! ;)Posted ImageCheers and beers!

Ok, it's good to know other fishos have noticed the change. I haven't used the newer ones much so I couldn't say for sure if there's a difference in success rates, but from the replies it doesn't look good. :(

Many places still sell the older squidgys if it is a problem.If they are infact Z-man they will melt with other soft plastics.The thing that annoys me most is that the bloodworm colour has changed so drastically!

Cheers fished out. What do you mean by 'they will melt with other soft plastics'? Do you mean literally melt at a certain temp, or just become just another SP? Cheers.Still on the beers! Go FREE OHHH but only by 11. ;)

What FishedOut means is that at higher temperatures the zman plastics heat up and change shapes or melt. So it pays to keep them in their packet not in direct sunlight on a warm day. I have had the problem of putting the zman grubs in a tackle box and them melt into one big clump of soft plastic. I should point out however that this is not a common thing, most of the time the zman plastics are fine.

What FishedOut means is that at higher temperatures the zman plastics heat up and change shapes or melt. So it pays to keep them in their packet not in direct sunlight on a warm day. I have had the problem of putting the zman grubs in a tackle box and them melt into one big clump of soft plastic. I should point out however that this is not a common thing' date=' most of the time the zman plastics are fine.[/quote']Cheers Kuerschie, I've heard of that before, on here I think. Can't say but I've had that problem with the Zmans, but will take it on board. Thanks.Bloody FREE OHHH hit the bloody post OHHH! Nough Beer!

They have chopped and changed a couple over time and not to good effect...the killer tomato isnt the same or as good as the old one and ditto for the advocado squidgey bugs.And the other thing they really screwed up on was getting rid of the squidgey hot tails...imo the best redfin plastic ever made..the silver fox colour with the pink tail .I have pics of all these lures [and some left] if anyone wants to see them.All up though their range is pretty good,just those little changes they occasionally made for no reason.cheers B)

They have chopped and changed a couple over time and not to good effect...the killer tomato isnt the same or as good as the old one and ditto for the advocado squidgey bugs.And the other thing they really screwed up on was getting rid of the squidgey hot tails...imo the best redfin plastic ever made..the silver fox colour with the pink tail .I have pics of all these lures [and some left] if anyone wants to see them.All up though their range is pretty good' date='just those little changes they occasionally made for no reason.cheers B)[/quote']Dam those hot tails were good, best reddy plastics ever i too have no idea why they stopped makin em, thos new wrigglers look crap wtf is Starlo on atm lol.

What I mean by melting is that Z-mans if stored with another plastic have some kind chemical reation causing them to melt the other one and itself. I had a double tail plastic in my pocket tacklebox, after fishing a Z-man for no interest I chopped it off and dropped it in the wrong slot. 2 Days later went back down and opened the tacklebox to find an Molten mess!One part of the tail was sticking out of another innocent plastic and there was just this squelchy core of goo left on the jig head.I think it is only the Z-man material that does this. Read the back of the pack

The new bloodworm is very similar to the lava coloured squidgies and seems to work well for flatties and ST's but I think the old bloodworm colour was more versatile to be honest. Speaking of melting Zmans, I bought a brand new pack of them and they all melted in a clump before I even got to use them :angry: and the day wasnt overly hot. they also ruin every other brand plastic if stored in the same compartment, they even bleed colours when they're next to eachother in a NON- wormproof box :angry: NickD

I have bought both styles on the same day from the BCF at Mount Barker...........In your picture, the top one is the bloodworm wriggler from the Squidgy "Pro Range" (they come in packs of 10 with a little bottle of S-Factor) and the bottom one is the Bloodworm wriggler from the "Normal Range" (come in packs of 6 with that salt looking scent on them)I much prefer the colour and texture of the top one personally ;)

I have bought both styles on the same day from the BCF at Mount Barker...........In your picture' date=' the top one is the bloodworm wriggler from the Squidgy "Pro Range" (they come in packs of 10 with a little bottle of S-Factor) and the bottom one is the Bloodworm wriggler from the "Normal Range" (come in packs of 6 with that salt looking scent on them)I much prefer the colour and texture of the top one personally ;)[/quote']Cheers Booma. Both ranges used to be the same. So they have either changed the Pro range to the new style (the top 1 in the photo) or the BCF at Mount Gambier haven't run out of the old style (the bottom 1) in the "normal range" yet.Great to hear you like the new style. :)