Hi,I have not got too much experience in fishing, but i am going up to st.kilda on monday (around the adventure playground) and I'm hoping to catch something. ANYTHING will do except tommies. I don't mind what it is as long as it isn't a tommie. Please could you point me in the right direction as to where to go or what hooks/burley etc. Just wanna get some kind of fish... i have two hand lines, two light rods and one medium rod. I have a large range of hook and weight sizes. What is a good burley mix? thanks a lot! :boot:

Hi Hallows. We were out there this morning. Son(11yrs) got his first snook(58cm), and some salmon trout. Snook on a flick bait soft plastic, and the ST on pilchard pieces.I normally fish half pilchards unweighted or with a small ball sinker. And flick soft plastics.Try to fish either side of the tide changes. Be careful cos the end rocks go under water on tides over 2m. Plenty of seaweed to contend with, but well worth it when you catch some crackers like we did last year.