Flathead caught in West Lakes!

• 5 months later...

One thing that has always surprised many is that there are heaps of baby ones,the conditions are seemingly perfect,ie weed beds,sand patches,shallow sandy straights dropping off into deep water.All that and throw in abundant baitfish,plus the flounder seem to do well, but its rare to ever hear of one getting caught,that one Alex caught is probably the first I"ve ever seen or heard of to be honest.Nice work . B)

One thing that has always surprised many is that there are heaps of baby ones' date='the conditions are seemingly perfect,ie weed beds,sand patches,shallow sandy straights dropping off into deep water.All that and throw in abundant baitfish,plus the flounder seem to do well, but its rare to ever hear of one getting caught,that one Alex caught is probably the first I"ve ever seen or heard of to be honest.Nice work . B)[/quote']Hey Cal, it's also the first one I've heard of caught in the lake but there has been heaps caught at trimmer parade lately. Every time I went there for the last month, I've seen at least one caught. They will usually take a small squid on a patanoster rig. ;)