When it all goes wrong

I think these things are used in queensland a bit ,from what ive read as i havent ever done this style of fishing before, is your supposed to try to swing the fish up and catch it between your knees whilst on the tripod.Bad luck he lost the fish looked like a fair size if it was in queensland most likely a large tailor,at least the alvey can take the dunking in the salt water so he doesnt have to run home to clean it :laugh:

thats what i call stupid.. wearing waders in surf in water your not able to stand in.. sitting above the swell on a tripod seat???least he was using an alvey :)

The same applies to those silly enough to wear waders in a boat.Fall over the side and the waders act as a floatation device,your head points to the sea bed and your feet point to the sky.Very hard situation to try and get out off.
  • 1 month later...
thats what i call stupid.. wearing waders in surf in water your not able to stand in.. sitting above the swell on a tripod seat???least he was using an alvey :)
The same applies to those silly enough to wear waders in a boat.Fall over the side and the waders act as a floatation device' date='your head points to the sea bed and your feet point to the sky.Very hard situation to try and get out off.[/quote']Mate,I have tried to replicate the falling out of the boat in waders, feet above the head business. I did it in a mates pool. Head first, feet first you name it. It just doesn't seem to happen. I used to be dead against waders in the boat, now not so fussed. Maybe if somebody is worried wear a PFD?I'm not going to test it in the surf though. :blink: