Favorite salmon lure

Cheap ones are good, it's a bit tough shelling out $7 for a little piece of metal with a hook on it. I also like ones that have a rounder profile and little or no flat surfaces for casting off the beach, really helpful on windy days as they don't catch the wind as much. I've got some River2Sea ones that I think I got from R&A's that were a good price. White coloured lures, or even chartreuse if you can find them, seem to work better on overcast days than the standard shiny ones. On my lightweight lure rod I go for 15-20g lures as that's what it casts best. On heavier gear anywhere up to 70-80g but usually where I fish 55g is enough.

I too was at waits yesterday flicking lures up and down the beach, left at about 3pm and scored a donut, I put it down to the monstrosity of a combo I was using and the amount of knots I had to untangle :( ... was not good for casting lures all day.Might have passed you jakdemo on my way out, only saw one other person that wasn't stationary bait/lure fishing.I like halcos and gillies.

Duel Adagio Lures is what I have been using at the moment over here on the west coast at beaches like sheringa and locks well and have been working sooooo well!!!125mm with 2 single hooks on seems to get a better hook-up. The fish are smashing the lure and need pliers to get them out.Also found the 85mm with a couple of trebles hanging off them work great on the smaller salmon trout and tommies. Which when I catch them put a big hook through them and them cast them back out to swim live and pretty quickly that turns into a 4kg+ salmon.Raiders are always in my tackle box too. I just change over the split rings as soon as I get the lures to something a bit stronger.Lines tight!

Duel Adagio Lures is what I have been using at the moment over here on the west coast at beaches like sheringa and locks well and have been working sooooo well!!!125mm with 2 single hooks on seems to get a better hook-up. The fish are smashing the lure and need pliers to get them out.Also found the 85mm with a couple of trebles hanging off them work great on the smaller salmon trout and tommies. Which when I catch them put a big hook through them and them cast them back out to swim live and pretty quickly that turns into a 4kg+ salmon.Raiders are always in my tackle box too. I just change over the split rings as soon as I get the lures to something a bit stronger.Lines tight!

I bought some 2 x 125 and 2 x 105 adagio's and decoy singles & rings to upgrade my tackle after your advice once before dylzz. pretty sure it was on FB SA Landbased Angling page.

Duel Aile mangnet minnows work really well on smaller salmon and a range of other species.http://www.duel.co.jp/english/products/lineup/d_aile/am_diet_f/index.htmlNickD

these are great lures when fishing jetties, from a boat; areas where you dont need to cast over waves. great lure and work in "the strike zone" for a while if ripped down initially. I like the small and medium size.

LOVE THAT TOP LURE!!!!Lost mine yesterday at locks well! bail arm of my shimano stradic keeps fliping over mid flight and snapping.SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many fish down there at the moment.Had another awesome lure session there for an hour catching and releasing 3-4kg fish. one after another after another!long_neck.jpg

LOVE THAT TOP LURE!!!!Lost mine yesterday at locks well! bail arm of my shimano stradic keeps fliping over mid flight and snapping.SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many fish down there at the moment.Had another awesome lure session there for an hour catching and releasing 3-4kg fish. one after another after another![attachment=15115]long_neck.jpg[/attachment]

they are FAT!

very fat! lots of pillies hanging around wide at the moment. This one went 62cm but don't have any scales. 3kg probably!Pretty easy to catch when there is a couple of thousand swimming about 50m in front of you.Just gotta dodge the seals and sharks. Don't wanna take a 8ft bronzie up there stairs :woohoo:

very fat! lots of pillies hanging around wide at the moment. This one went 62cm but don't have any scales. 3kg probably!Pretty easy to catch when there is a couple of thousand swimming about 50m in front of you.Just gotta dodge the seals and sharks. Don't wanna take a 8ft bronzie up there stairs :woohoo:

Without getting this thread of topic. Obviously Sharks are about with the salmon, does anyone even target them from the beach down there this time of year?