Stradic Reels help

Hey fellow fishers I am looking to purchase my first Stradic reel. I would like to use it to target snapper land based metro and yorkes. Any advice on which size reel and braid to use would be much appreciated. Any other recommendations would be very helpful. Thanks Michael

I bought the wife a 2500 with 10lb powerpro, that is used on a 3-6kg Jewel. Absolute excellent combo. Very good combo. Used for fishing unweighted finesse baits to chucking salmon slugs (obviously not on the big swell beaches). Wife sets this up with 10-20lb leader.I use a 5000 with 30lb powerpro on a 4 piece T curve Travel series. I have caught everything on this from salmon on Yorkes to Queenies and Goldern Trevally from the Broome Pier. The 5000 has the fast line retrieve from the series. i think 105cm per crank. that is why i went to 5000 over the 4000, to get the lure moving just the little bit faster and has a great ergonomic handle. I generally use a 40lb leader. Looking at buying the 8000 for the surf rod, but have had a great offer on a Twin Power that has only been used a handful of times.

Any suggestion on type/brand of rod to match up with the Stradic??

I am pretty sure there is a Jewel Snapper 5-8kg rod, about 2.30m. Around $119.00. would be good for the outter harbour wall.I have a 9ft (2.8m) RodWork's 6110, I think its rated 4-8kg. thats a carbon/glass composite. I currently have CY4000 on it which I am not that happy with, id definitely chuck the Ci4 4000 on it and be happy. priced at about $180.00. I use this rod currently for most things from casting metals, light beach fishing (mullet, St's, etc.), fishing the backwaters and lake bonney and casting metals for salmon.
  • 2 weeks later...

I love my stradics. My sons have Stellas and Saltigas but I think they are over kill.....I just sold about 8 x FH stradics on ebay, from 2500 to 8000. Have replaced them with FI and FH stradics and biggest now is a 5000. Have put that on a Lucanus light jig / spin. Awesome combo with 30 lb Fins braid. ebay might be worth a look ?