would an old original alvey be worth much - pics included

A friend of mine from school has asked me if I know much about old Alvey reels.Her grandfather found this one in his shed and they were wondering if it was of value and or if they were much in demand.I intend to pass your advice on the my friend.Tell you the truth im interested in whether it might be of value too.Cheers, here is some photos;IMG_2454.jpgIMG_5483.jpgIMG_9909.jpgIMG_9909.jpg

If you are selling it .....What i’d do is put it on ebay for 7 days and watch it’s progress.If it looks like not much interest during the last day then remove it from sale and try elsewhere.An indication is having a look at the number of watchers on the item.A few weeks back i seen a wooden seamartin on there and expected to see it sell around $200 but it sold $870.Good chance the wooden alvey reel is worth something.

I quite often check the alveys on ebay jack thats where i picked up a brand new boat reel for 50 dollars never been used ,the wooden ones depending on condition and age dont really sell for large amounts ,if you can read the inscriptions on the back you can email bruce or glen alvey and they will tell you exactly when it was made ,the spools where made from silky oak cedar and camphor laurel (smells like vicks when you turn it ) which is now considered a weed in queensland go figure? just google ebay alvey reels and you will see the range on there .

• 3 years later...

I have an old alley reel which I haven't been able to date accuretly but going by the Australian standards logo ita early to mid 70's ita still in its original box with original instructional leaflet and never been used it still has the paper tape around the spool, I've been curious to know what value this holds? Ita a really awesome collectable.